Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Thumbnails are messed up and tracks are disappearing

Thumbnails are messed up and tracks are disappearing

Last night I noticed that the new update went live. However, after the update went live I noticed some errors here and there. 

The first problem I encountered was that the thumbnails got updated with the wrong images. As you can see here, the first few tracks all were added from a Single and not from the album the track is actually on. Mind you, the Singles themselves are still available so it should still show the correct images in the thumbnails. 

The second visual issue is that the thumbnails dont match on different devices. As you can see here, the thumbnail is normal on the desktop (in some cases) but on my phone it shows just one image (in some cases).

The third issue that I currently have is that since the update, some tracks have vanished from my custom playlists, as seen here (maybe a sync issue?). I already performed the standard procedures for trying to resolve this such as re-installing everything. I dont know what to do next though.

Client (Windows): 1.0.84.344.gfc674f6f

App (Android): 8.4.60.741 armV7 (HTC One M9)

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
2 Replies

Hey @MauriceMV!

Here's some points that @SergioDavid has suggested for this.

We've noticed the playlist cover issue  thatyou were having, though with an older version.

Could you have a friend log into your devices to see if they can recreate the issues you're having? 

You can also try logging into different devices than the ones you usally use to see if it happens.

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue to offer advice here.

Thanks!

Sorry for the late response. I asked a friend to try it out and the problem is still there. It still takes the image from the album eventhough it should grab the cover from the single. The same happens on different devices. Its worth noting that it doesnt happen with the hopsin track.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts