Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

To which version do I have to downgrade to to get back the search bar on the left?

To which version do I have to downgrade to to get back the search bar on the left?

In version 1.0.63.617.g5aca9a2a, I can't see my playlist simultaneously anymore when I want to add new songs to a playlist (for clarity, I'm not using the filter search),. Instead, I get redirected to a separate page with "Search in Spotify".

I preferred the UI in which the search consisted of a separate pop-upish screen and when the search bar was on the left of the screen like on the image below:

04-spotify-search

Which version of Spotify still had this kind of UI? Because I want to downgrade.

8 Replies

Hey @camport,

Spotify no longer supports their old versions of their apps, so, unfortunately, this is not something I can help you with.

I'll pass your feedback onto Spotify about this though 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Maxim can you explain why it isn't possible to download an older version on Desktop?

I believe that it's not possible because Spotify doesn't support older versions of their apps.

MaximSpotify Star

Hi @Fimu

This method always used to work. Not sure if it still does; give it a try:

1. Close Spotify
  2. Go to "C:\Users<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Spotify"
  3. Delete Spotify_new.exe if existing
  4. Create two new empty text documents, rename the first to Spotify_new.exe (if you don't see .txt etc. activate file extension's first). Rename the second to Spotify_new.exe.sig
  5. Right click on the newly created files and go to the properties menu. Set both to Read-only (under attributes).
  6. Download old Spotify here: http://filehippo.com/download_spotify/77674/
  7. Install it.
  8. Enjoy!

Follow me

@gareth8

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work anymore. The version number says 1.0.62.508.g2c497f24, but the horrid search is still the same. I also tried uninstalling it (and even tried an older version), but nothing works.

I just want the search pop-up back.

@12D3

Might be a bit of trial and error then finding which version came with the new search, and install the version before that. Certainly 0.9.15.27 which I run doesn't have it!

Follow me

Version 0.9.15 is the older version that looks a bit like the old play.spotify.com used to look like.

It still works, generally (music playback, ads, most of features), but there are a few things that are now defunct, such as toggling your playlist private/public.
I can't tell how long this version will survive tho.

SebastySpotify Star

Thanks. However, what I'm missing in the 0.9.15 versions is the warning to tell you that you're about to add a duplicate to a playlist, so that's why I am looking for an older 1.0.x version.

Suggested posts