Premium

Country

US 

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

After the new app upgraded, I sometimes have problems with tracks not playing entirely, or stopping and restarting.

I tried a clean reinstall, but it still occurs.

2 Replies

Hey @user-removed

I'd suggest a clean reinstall (still) 🙂

For non-Windows Store client do this:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

For Windows Store client I recommend resetting the app (Tenforums guide) and then reinstalling it following the steps in this article.

If you're using Spotify client downloaded from Spotify website, I recommend using the Windows Store client. 🙂

Also, make sure all Windows updates (particularly those that update any drivers or software related to them) have been installed.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

When I reinstalled, I used CCleaner to wipe out all remaining evidence of the previous Spotify install. 

I still have issues with playback. It all started with the latest upgrade. If I don't get this fixed soon, Spotify will soon be a thing of the past, like Tidal, and Deezer.

When a company can't offer decent customer service, and relies on other users to fix their problems, that's when I look elsewhere...

B

Suggested posts