Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ugly Username

Solved!

Ugly Username

I understand that the username and display name are two different things and i have no control over what my username is. What I wanted to make this post about is the ugly looking username that sits in the top right of my desktop window at all times. How hard it it to just swap the username and display name for that one spot on the UI? Every time I want to go to my account, I have to click on that long and random sequence of characters that can only be seen right there and in the account settings on the website. Please for the love of aesthetic god, just get rid of it or give me my display name. How exactly the graphic designers came to the conclusion that there should ALWAYS be a god awful looking word vomit on my screen all the time is beyond me. 

Thanks for any feedback or help, this is just a visual issue that doesn't effect anything important, it just bothers the **bleep** out of me and many others.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @ThatGuyElf !

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

If you want to see your name, I suggest you to log in using Facebook, in this way Spotify will use your name.

If you have already logged in using Facebook but you see your username and not your dispaly name, I suggest you to have a look at this thread.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

https://open.spotify.com/follow/1/?uri=spotify:user:1gdr7ny1wk8oegnhcd6cn9jc1&size=detail&theme=ligh... 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @ThatGuyElf !

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

If you want to see your name, I suggest you to log in using Facebook, in this way Spotify will use your name.

If you have already logged in using Facebook but you see your username and not your dispaly name, I suggest you to have a look at this thread.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

https://open.spotify.com/follow/1/?uri=spotify:user:1gdr7ny1wk8oegnhcd6cn9jc1&size=detail&theme=ligh... 

Suggested posts