Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to Move Songs up in a playlist

Unable to Move Songs up in a playlist

I've had this problem earlier in previous updates and I have seen that others have too in past updates. In the latest update the same bug has reappeared and I've added like 500+ songs that I want to be moved up in the playlist and I'm unable to do that fast and efficient as able in the past. It's starting to get annoying as the app hasn't had an update in 1 to 2 months and so I'm stuck with songs in the position I don't want them to be.

2 Replies

Hey @FreeGunnaAndThug,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We moved your post from Chats to the help boards as its content fits better here.

We're receiving some reports of this same issue on desktop users. This is now Under Investigation by the internal teams and we hope to get it resolved as soon as possible.

Feel free to add your +Vote and subscribe to this thread to be aware of any updates. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

In the meantime, even if it's not a fix, there's a work-around that may help you: Try to drag the song(s) up with the cursor to the middle of the two arrows (< >) on the top left corner, or your username on the top right corner. This would do the trick while we investigate further.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @FreeGunnaAndThug 

Moving songs up and down in a playlist or the Play Queue (with auto scroll) has been greatly improved in desktop app version 1.1.94 and the web player. You should be seeing the new version soon, just make sure your desktop app is up to date.

It works a lot faster now. You just have to get used to the new behavior. The further you drag near the top or bottom, the faster it goes, so you need to ease into it now.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts