Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pat_lafont
  • Casual Listener
  • 263 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 263 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] "Add to Playlist" issues based on window size

Operating SystemWindows 10When using "Add to playlist" to add a song to one of your playlists if the desktop app is a certain size it will not show the last playlist in the list of playlists.Steps to Recreate:Attempt to add a song to a playlist using...

Spotify Add to playlist issue 1.png Spotify Add to playlist issue 2.png
  • Operating System Windows 10 When using "Add to playlist" to add a song to one of your playlists if the desktop app is a certain size it will not show the last playlist in the list of playlists. ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • add to playlist
    Window resizing
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution App becomes unresponsive, can't end task in task manager -- have to restart

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 Ultimate SP1 My Question or Issue I have been using the app for years with zero issues (on the same build/install of W7) up until two weeks ago or so. The desktop app stops responding....

• Plan Premium Country United States   Device PC Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate SP1   My Question or Issue  I have been using the app for years with zero issues (on the s...
  • Novy
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Desktop App not playing, but IOS, and Web player work fine

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktop ComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy IOS, and Web Player versions of spotify...

•  None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Computer Operating System ...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify offline (error code 4)

I've been unable to use spotify on my PC since upgrading to windows 10 about a week ago. Sometimes I get an error code 4, other times I get no error, just no connection. This is very frustrating, as I've tried ALL solutions described on the forums to...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been unable to use spotify on my PC since upgrading to windows 10 about a week ago. Sometimes I get an error code 4, other times I get no error, just no connection. This is very frustrating, as ...
  • Filip_machina
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Local File Playlists Won't Download onto PC

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10 I tried to download my local files on the desktop app but they won't download. Everything is fine transferring the files into Spotify but when I try to download the playlists to transfer to my phone, the download...

Screenshot 2022-01-23 015339.png Screenshot 2022-01-23 015308.png
  •   Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10   I tried to download my local files on the desktop app but they won't download. Everything is fine transferring the files into Spotify but ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily mixes are gone (again)

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceWindowsOperating SystemWindows 11My Question or IssueYesterday I had 6 Daily mixes under 'Made for [Name]'. Now this is gone and replaced by pretty dumb other items I don't want to listen to (not even lists or mixes). Second ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Windows Operating System Windows 11 My Question or Issue Yesterday I had 6 Daily mixes under 'Made for [Name]'. Now this is gone and replaced by pretty dum...
  • AibohphobiA_BoB
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cut & jump to selected track from filter after closing filter not working

PlanPremiumCountryNODeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy current version of Spotify displays that it is version 1.1.74.631.g0b24d9ad . I have two issues which started with the introduction of the new UI, aproximately 8 months...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country NO Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My current version of Spotify displays that it is version 1.1.74.631.g0b24d9ad . I have two iss...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline storage setting is ignored, how do I stop Spotify from filling up C drive?

PlanPremiumCountryNZDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 11 (upgraded from Windows 10 with Spotify already installed)My Question or IssueI have set the offline storage to a directory on E drive, but Spotify continues to update appdata on C drive. ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country NZ Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 11 (upgraded from Windows 10 with Spotify already installed) My Question or Issue I have set the offline storage to a direc...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Made for [me] section is incomplete

Plan: PremiumCountry: Romania Device: Android, Windows, SmartTVOperating System: Android 11, Windows 10, Tizen My Question or IssueFor a while, the "Made for [me]" section is incomplete.I.e.: On Windows 10 app and browser, when the window is maximize...

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium Country: Romania   Device: Android, Windows, SmartTV Operating System: Android 11, Windows 10, Tizen   My Question or Issue For a while, the "Made for [me]" section is ...
  • meshkerila
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue functionality.

Premium, Sweden, latest version. Since several versions I cannot move a single track (or selection of tracks) up the queue to place it where I want it, only down. It can only be moved up in the space of the queue that is visible, but not longer. Obvi...

• Regular
  • Premium, Sweden, latest version.    Since several versions I cannot move a single track (or selection of tracks) up the queue to place it where I want it, only down. It can only be moved ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play certain podcasts episodes with video after update

Hello,I foolishly updated Spotify on Windows 10 and now can't listen to some of my favorite podcasts that have videos. Every time I try to play any episodes in Bret Weinstein DarkHourse I am getting to following message:Hmm... we can't seem to play t...

MaximSukharev_0-1642525081392.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello, I foolishly updated Spotify on Windows 10 and now can't listen to some of my favorite podcasts that have videos. Every time I try to play any episodes in Bret Weinstein DarkHourse I am gettin...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Issue with cover art changing to something I don't want for local files

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHey. For some reason, any time I go and try to edit the tag of a local file, the cover art gets changed to something that I didn't choose if it's by a certain artist (in this case...

megadude1234_0-1642556715262.png megadude1234_1-1642556787503.png megadude1234_2-1642556804209.png megadude1234_3-1642556830261.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey. For some reason, any time I go and try to edit the tag of a local file, the cover art gets changed to ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bug Windows
    Help Spotify!
    local files
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Freezing (PC)

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueLately, Spotify has been freezing in a weird way. Just after starting up the software for the first time since turning on my PC, Spotify will freeze. However, I am stil...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Lately, Spotify has been freezing in a weird way. Just after starting up the software for th...
  • Yordan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Multiple Devices

PlanPremium DuoCountryUSADeviceWindows, Amazon Echo, iOS devicesOperating SystemSee above My Question or IssueHow can I listen to two devices at the same time. I want to listen to Spotify at work, but my wife may want to listen to Spotify on the Echo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Duo Country USA Device Windows, Amazon Echo, iOS devices Operating System See above   My Question or Issue How can I listen to two devices at the same time. I want to list...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Alexa and Spotify connect issues

PlanFreeCountryUSA DevicePC and Echo 3rd genOperating SystemWindows 10 and Alexa Attached is a photo of my spotify connect devices. Is there any reason why they might be unavailable to control?Edit: I've just switched to a different Spotify account a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country USA   Device PC and Echo 3rd gen Operating System Windows 10 and Alexa   Attached is a photo of my spotify connect devices. Is there any reason why they might be...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hissing on SONGS

Premium User - Win11USA Why is it suddenly I'm getting a terrible hissing sound on songs! I.E. - A Horse With No Name - America, Black Dog - Led Zeppelin Year of The Cat - Al Stewart This is very annoying since I like to stream music. If this continu...

• Roadie
  • Premium User - Win11 USA   Why is it suddenly I'm getting a terrible hissing sound on songs!   I.E. - A Horse With No Name - America,   Black Dog - Led Zeppelin   ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Different album and album cover in playing now (bottom left) and playlist

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueSometimes when playing songs from a playlist the actual song playing is the same song, but from a different album. Also showing album cover for another album.Why is this ha...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Norway Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Sometimes when playing songs from a playlist the actual song playing is the same song, but from a diffe...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution All songs grayed out while online, but playlists can still be played

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've been having this problem since yesterday, for some reason on desktop specifically (not on mobile) every single individual song is grayed out, but when I click ...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've been having this problem since yesterday, for some reason on desktop specifically (...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Xbox Game Bar Spotify Glitch

PlanFreeDeviceCustom PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have enjoyed using Xbox game bar Spotify feature. It has been good to use except one issue. The playlists on my recently played are things I haven't listened to recently. I have ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free Device Custom PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have enjoyed using Xbox game bar Spotify feature. It has been good to use except one issue. The playlists ...
  • Jakeythewolf5
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Changing the Music volume INGAME

Sometimes you need to hear staps of the enemy ingame... but dont like to altways pause your musik. The should be the possibility to change the SPOTIFY VOLUMEN with a Hotkey. But only the volumen of spotify.

• Visitor
  • Sometimes you need to hear staps of the enemy ingame... but dont like to altways pause your musik.  The should be the possibility to change the SPOTIFY VOLUMEN with a Hotkey. But only the vo...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes