Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgraded, now web player won't play past 9 seconds

Upgraded, now web player won't play past 9 seconds

In US, premium, Windows 10, Google Chrome browser.

My Question or Issue

I was playing songs in the web player just fine. Then I upgraded and literally right after I upgraded, songs won't play past 9 seconds. Same computer, same browser, 3 minutes after it used to work.

2 Replies

Hi there @kokopoko,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Try clearing your hosts file by following the steps in this guide. If the issue persists, can you try using an incognito window and let us know if that makes any difference? It's also worth trying a different browser.

Additionally, we recommend downloading the desktop app for a better experience and to take advantage of all the Premium features, like downloading your content for offline listening.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

UPDATE: After about an hour things started working correctly in my normal browsing session again. No idea what changed other than the stuff I did below while troubleshooting.

I JUST had the exact same experience in Nov 2022 inside Firefox. I tried another container tab and had the same issue. But when I tried the incognito window as suggested, the music played fine.
What is causing this issue? I'd rather stick to the web player than download the app.

Suggested posts