Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to import one specific .mp3 file

Unable to import one specific .mp3 file

Hi,

I tried to import local files to Spotify while most worked, one just wont go. I see it in the local files folder and i can add it to playlists but it wont play. Spotify just says that it isnt available. It is downloaded from soundcloud like other files i imported.

9 Replies

Hey @user-removed

Maybe this file has missing metadata/tag information? I had a few tracks that had no length information, for example, those weren't recognised by Spotify and also WMP.

Maybe you should try getting this song again and then try importing it to Spotify.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @

I allready tried downloading it again and checked the meta data, no success. Do you have any other ideas?

@user-removed

Interesting...

I'd suggest trying this:
Uncheck all the boxes under Preferences - Local Files (Spotify won't sync anymore), then close Spotify, go to %appdata%\spotify\users, enter your user folder and delete a file named local-files.bnk. This will delete all the synced files from Spotify (but not from your local library, so you can still play them elsewhere!).

Then open Spotify again and put those checks back into the boxes under Preferences.
Spotify should start syncing, and it takes a little while.

So maybe it has something to do with the file being a bit closed-minded, and this process would refresh the system a bit, hopefully. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

sadly, this did not do anything.

@user-removed

I suppose reinstallation of Spotify may help. Use this as guide and to download the fresh copy from. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

sorry that i can only now get back to you, i just now got time to try your solution. Sadly it did not fix the problem.

@user-removed

Strange!

I'd return to the file - you can play it with other media players?

If the filename is something lengthy, try changing the filename into something short, also excluding all the unnecessary symbols and stuff.

SebastySpotify Star

Hi,

I can play the file with groove musik without problems. The files name is not long in has no speccial symbols in it. I checked the Details page under windows properties, but could not find anything unusal compared to other files.

@user-removed

Alright, that's really weird and I'm running out of ideas...

The only thing I can suggest is converting the file to another format (make sure it makes a copy of it, not converting the original thing). You could use some online converter, or if you have Audacity, you can use that.
AAC for example. Or you may convert it to some lossless format (ALAC, WAV, FLAC or whatever) and then back to MP3.

(although converting lossy files is not a very good practice, but taking it to lossless container and then back to mp3 shouldn't hurt that much.)

I suppose.. when you import a new file (let's say you got a new good song to your library), that has no such problems?

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts