Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Trouble removing application from computer to re-install it

I'm unable to remove the Spotify player from my computer in order to re-install it. When I try to uninstall from the roaming data it comes up with "the folder or file being open in another program" when it is not. And when I try to re-install I get "...

• I'm unable to remove the Spotify player from my computer in order to re-install it. When I try to uninstall from the roaming data it comes up with "the folder or file being open in another progr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug when only one song in album

There is bug in the number of the songs that an album has.

• There is bug in the number of the songs that an album has.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error Track not available when connected to external sound card

Hi everyone. I attached a numark party mix dj mixer to mylaptop via usb. I want to use the integrated sound card. All audio works except for Spotify. I can watch youtube videos, system sounds, everything works through the Party Mix. I get that error ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone.  I attached a numark party mix dj mixer to mylaptop via usb.  I want to use the integrated sound card.  All audio works except for Spotify. I can watch youtube videos, sys...
  • jaxatax
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Randomly switching to phone while on desktop

Since the latest upgrade apparently, my desktop app will randomly switch to my mobile phone. So, while i'm listening on the desktop, the app stops playing on my desktop and starts playing on my phone. This happens even when the phone app is turned of...

• Regular
  • Since the latest upgrade apparently, my desktop app will randomly switch to my mobile phone. So, while i'm listening on the desktop, the app stops playing on my desktop and starts playing on my phone...
  • hansp21
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Not able to turn offline mode off/go online

Hi, when I log in on my desktop, the computer says its offline, im not able to go online, and it gives an error code 4/no internet connection.I have tried:- to allow spotify through firewall- change my facebook password..- several different wifi-conn...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, when I log in on my desktop, the computer says its offline, im not able to go online, and it gives an error code 4/no internet connection. I have tried: - to allow spotify through firewall - c...
  • jensvandel
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Taskbar Player bug

Hi and sorry if this isnt the right spot to post this.Recently i upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium x64 to Windows 10 Home x64 and i got this strange bug. It happens when i tab out from fullscrean apps. Normaly i can just tab in Spotify and it fixe...

• Hi and sorry if this isnt the right spot to post this. Recently i upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium x64 to Windows 10 Home x64 and i got this strange bug. It happens when i tab out from fullscrea...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! All songs in "starred" playlist is gone

I have a very old playlist, from when "starred" was a thing. when it stopped being a thing, I just kept using that playlist anyway as a normal playlist. today I added a new song to the list and all the old songs just disappeared. only showing the lat...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a very old playlist, from when "starred" was a thing. when it stopped being a thing, I just kept using that playlist anyway as a normal playlist. today I added a new song to the list and all t...
  • jenaria
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

playlists cover art missing

I am using the latest version of Spotify on my PC running windows 10 – 64 bit. The playlist covers are not showing up for Spotify playlists. However, they show up for my own playlists. What should I do to fix this? I have all the switches of local fi...

spot2.png spot1.jpg
  • Roadie
  • I am using the latest version of Spotify on my PC running windows 10 – 64 bit. The playlist covers are not showing up for Spotify playlists. However, they show up for my own playlists. What should I ...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 18 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 18 replies
  • 1 likes

Local Files being deleted as I add new ones

Hi there, A problem I've recently come across is to do with my local files.After looking it up online it seems that there should be no limit for how many local file songs there are - however for me that doesn't seem to be the case. I've had whole alb...

• Hi there,   A problem I've recently come across is to do with my local files. After looking it up online it seems that there should be no limit for how many local file songs there are - howev...
  • Lucidcream
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing My Artist music not in order

1. Select My Music -> Artist2. select one of Artists -> shows list of my saved songs for that artist ordered by name, i remember i could order by any column here some time ago, why i cant now ?3 when i try to play first song, spotify plays one of son...

• Visitor
  • 1. Select My Music -> Artist 2. select one of Artists -> shows list of my saved songs for that artist ordered by name, i remember i could order by any column here some time ago, why i cant now...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Control mobile playlist through desktop client

I recently got the new Samsung GS8 and have been having to manually download every playlist 1 at a time. In the past I could open my desktop client, select my phone, and mass-set playlists to download to it. I can't seem to find this option and searc...

8KNbg5
  • Casual Listener
  • I recently got the new Samsung GS8 and have been having to manually download every playlist 1 at a time. In the past I could open my desktop client, select my phone, and mass-set playlists to downloa...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

local files are unavailable?

when i try to play local files from the local file section it tells me they're unavailable and i have to import the files if i own them. i own the **bleep**ing files and they're imported this is retarded i've restarted spotify more than 10 times and ...

• when i try to play local files from the local file section it tells me they're unavailable and i have to import the files if i own them. i own the **bleep**ing files and they're imported this is reta...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! I click the log in - and nothing! Nada, zip happens

So, sat down to listen to me som SPotify Premium and it said I had no internet connection. Not true so I found the topic and the solution to log off and back in. Tried that but when using the log in with facebook it open chrome, but does not log me i...

• Casual Listener
  • So, sat down to listen to me som SPotify Premium and it said I had no internet connection. Not true so I found the topic and the solution to log off and back in. Tried that but when using the log in ...
  • tk1991
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Saving My Spotify Music to an SD card using my laptop computer

I just acquired a free 32 GB micro SD card. I thought the best use of this SD card would be save all of my music to this SD card. I have a slot in my laptop where I can load the SD card. Can I use my laptop computer to access my Spotify account...I a...

• Regular
  • I just acquired a free 32 GB micro SD card. I thought the best use of this SD card would be save all of my music to this SD card. I have a slot in my laptop where I can load the SD card. Can I use my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Feed is showing fewer friends than I have

My FriendFeed is just showing some of my friends listening to their music. Most of my friends aren't shown although they're listening to music. Is this a bug or is there any workaround or fix for this problem? P.S.: Under "Weitere Freunde" in the scr...

• My FriendFeed is just showing some of my friends listening to their music. Most of my friends aren't shown although they're listening to music. Is this a bug or is there any workaround or fix for thi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Starts playing on different device

Hello everyone, Sometimes when I am enjoying music on my computer the song suddenly starts playing on my mobile device. I have no conclusion for this, I don't even touch my phone when this happens. Somebody knows what is the actual problem?Thanks! Br...

• Hello everyone,   Sometimes when I am enjoying music on my computer the song suddenly starts playing on my mobile device. I have no conclusion for this, I don't even touch my phone when this h...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Login Button not responding

I got a new computer and tried to log in on it but the log in button isn't responding. I'll double click on it and it will resize the window (it doesn't apear to recognize this as a button for some reason). It also doesn't seem to recognize the "reme...

• Casual Listener
  • I got a new computer and tried to log in on it but the log in button isn't responding.  I'll double click on it and it will resize the window (it doesn't apear to recognize this as a button for ...
  • cradleinflames
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Feed

Já faz alguns meses que o meu feed de amigos sumiu do meu spotify, mesmo a opção estando marcada lá para aparecer ele não aparece, eu já tentei varias vezes desinstalar e instalar o app mas mesmo assim não funciona, alguém sabe como arrumar isso?

• Casual Listener
  • Já faz alguns meses que o meu feed de amigos sumiu do meu spotify, mesmo a opção estando marcada lá para aparecer ele não aparece, eu já tentei varias vezes desinstalar e instalar o app mas...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All my music in 'Your Music' has dissapeared

Two months and I still have the same problem.Uninstalled, installed again, and closed session, I can not get into my songs.I stopped paying my subscription.V. 1.0.53.758 with Windows 10

Captura.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • Two months and I still have the same problem. Uninstalled, installed again, and closed session, I can not get into my songs. I stopped paying my subscription. V. 1.0.53.758 with Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't stop loading

Hey so frequently when I click on an album or playlist (on my windows 7 computer) there just comes up a loading screen. Like one of those wheels that spin. It won't go away until I quit spotify. When I start spotify again it works just as normal but ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey so frequently when I click on an album or playlist (on my windows 7 computer) there just comes up a loading screen. Like one of those wheels that spin. It won't go away until I quit spotify....
  • ryentzer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes