Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! Release Notes for update 0.9.8 ?

Hi all, just wondering where to find the release notes for my newly updated version of the desktop 0.9.8 Clearly its moved away from the very ugly white artist pages and moved to black, much nicer on the eyes, but for whatever reason all the text has...

• Roadie
  • Hi all, just wondering where to find the release notes for my newly updated version of the desktop 0.9.8 Clearly its moved away from the very ugly white artist pages and moved to black, much nice...
  • maharv23
  • 81 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 81 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! My public playlists do not appear in the search ...

I have two playlists that I have made public but neither show uip in the desktop apps search page. They are about a week and a half old. Playlist 1 : Brutal Death/Technical Death/Death/Grind Metal Playlist 2 : Doom/Drone/Sludge/Stoner Metal

• Regular
  • I have two playlists that I have made public but neither show uip in the desktop apps search page. They are about a week and a half old.   Playlist 1 : Brutal Death/Technical Death/Deat...
  • stevelav
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Banner

Kinda tired of the R. Kelly banner on my discover spotify. I'm sure that there are some who are excited about seeing an orgy when they open their spotify, but I'm not. I realize that they are paid advertising, but can we move that ad right along?

• Not applicable
  • Kinda tired of the R. Kelly banner on my discover spotify. I'm sure that there are some who are excited about seeing an orgy when they open their spotify, but I'm not. I realize that they are paid ad...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No scrobbling to last.fm

Hi, scrobbling to last.fm is not more working (Windows 7). "No contact to Server: Error 1718772999" What can I do? Best regards, Patrick

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   scrobbling to last.fm is not more working (Windows 7). "No contact to Server: Error 1718772999"   What can I do?   Best regards, Patrick
  • AssMan
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mess in artist's page

Hi, Just wanted to report 'a bug', that spotify wrongly displays a site for 'Warsaw National Philharmonic Orchestera' - look at the top songs and tiles of albums. I tried restaring computer and spotify itself, the problem is still there. I use Window...

mess
  • Hi,   Just wanted to report 'a bug', that spotify wrongly displays a site for 'Warsaw National Philharmonic Orchestera' - look at the top songs and tiles of albums. I tried restaring compute...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Loading problem in spotify app and in web browser

Hi I'm new user and I have some problems in browsing lists in app & browser. It's shows loading indicator all the time. The same problem with top lists. I've tried clean install & it worked for a few seconds but then again its not working. On other P...

1.PNG Przechwytywanie.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi   I'm new user and I have some problems in browsing lists in app & browser. It's shows loading indicator all the time. The same problem with top lists. I've tried clean install & ...
  • a7med701
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't open - Windows 7 - solved.... possibly

Hi, Just thought I'd post this as this issue seems to affect quite a few people and finding a solution on here can be pretty difficult. This solution worked for me on a standard Windows 7 PC. So here goes.... The Problem You launch Spotify in the nor...

• Regular
  • Hi,   Just thought I'd post this as this issue seems to affect quite a few people and finding a solution on here can be pretty difficult. This solution worked for me on a standard Windows 7 ...
  • Iamam
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify slows down the PC, CPU load issue

I cannot use Spotify honestly on my PC because it consumes far too much CPU power. When playing music the task managers shows a CPU load of more than 50%, but I still need my PC for working in parallel, taking that much ressources is not acceptable. ...

• Casual Listener
  • I cannot use Spotify honestly on my PC because it consumes far too much CPU power. When playing music the task managers shows a CPU load of more than 50%, but I still need my PC for working in parall...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bug Report: Wrong version of a song

Sorry--I know this probably isn't the proper place for this but I wasn't sure where else to put it. I was doing some comparative listening of the Sweeney Todd albums this evening and noticed that, on the 2006 revival album, track 5 on the second disk...

• Sorry--I know this probably isn't the proper place for this but I wasn't sure where else to put it.   I was doing some comparative listening of the Sweeney Todd albums this evening and notic...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback Errors: Catalogue - Out of Order

All of the song in the Thin Lizzy catalog play different songs than what is selected. E.g., if you click "she knows" track 1 in the "nightlife" album, "Are you ready?" from "live at High Voltage Festival 2011" album plays. Thanks. Jamie

• Casual Listener
  • All of the song in the Thin Lizzy catalog play different songs than what is selected.   E.g., if you click "she knows" track 1 in the "nightlife" album, "Are you ready?" from "live at High ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! songs on my playlist with the music note icon will not play

A few hours ago I was promoted to upgrade spotify. Now any song on my playlist with the little music note icon off to the right hand side will not play? I've tried to uninstall and reinstall spotify...nothing is working. More the 50% of my music will...

• Not applicable
  • A few hours ago I was promoted to upgrade spotify. Now any song on my playlist with the little music note icon off to the right hand side will not play?  I've tried to uninstall and re...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect for all clients including desktops and libspotify enabled devices

Hello Is this possible or should i post and idea about it . or ist one already Spotify connect for all clients including desktops and libspotify enabled devices . yes controll any spotify with any other spotify simple as that ! Unification of key fun...

• Roadie
  • Hello Is this possible or should i post and idea about it . or ist one already 🙂   Spotify connect for all clients including desktops and libspotify enabled devices .   yes contr...
  • mrparity
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes

Appdata folder. Why Spotify WHY???

So I recently installed a program called Cryptoprevent to apply group policy objects to block certain executables in the %appdata% folder from running. I did this to prevent my PC from becoming infected by various types of malware, particularily, the...

• Not applicable
  • So I recently installed a program called Cryptoprevent to apply  group policy objects to block  certain executables in the %appdata% folder from running.   I did this to p...
  • atulsaini
  • 10 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 11 likes

Improved playlist editor

The playlists may be easy to create, but not to edit. It is just a big list of playlists, which is fine for 10 playlists, but with many playlists, the scroller is a killer… I imagine it is possible to have a dedicated screen to all playlists, better ...

• Casual Listener
  • The playlists may be easy to create, but not to edit. It is just a big list of playlists, which is fine for 10 playlists, but with many playlists, the scroller is a killer…   I imagine it is...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Podcast episodes are not sorted correctly

For a couple of podcasts that I am following there seem to be an error in the sorting. The last episode is not placed at the top in the list. Perhaps a bug? See attachment for an example. Is it also possible to display the date rather than the year p...

• For a couple of podcasts that I am following there seem to be an error in the sorting. The last episode is not placed at the top in the list. Perhaps a bug? See attachment for an example.   ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

activity from years ago?

Can I see my own, or a friends activity from about a year and a half ago? We listened to a couple cool bands, but never added them to a playlist and forgot their name

• Casual Listener
  • Can I see my own, or a friends activity from about a year and a half ago?  We listened to a couple cool bands, but never added them to a playlist and forgot their name 😞
  • Rollo_
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong music to title

Description The albums 'The Grand Design' and 'Shine' of Edenbridge have the correct track listing and durations, but when I click a song, another song begins to play. I have a feeling the music is shuffled. A more detailed description, using numbere...

• Description The albums 'The Grand Design' and 'Shine' of Edenbridge have the correct track listing and durations, but when I click a song, another song begins to play. I have a feeling the music is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Alla mina spellistor är borta?

Hej vissa av mina spellistor är borta Hur gör jag för att få dom tillbaka är ingen dataexpert så det vore bra om jag fick hjälp att få dom tillbaka tack på förhand Anders98

• Hej vissa av mina spellistor är borta  Hur gör jag för att få dom tillbaka är ingen dataexpert så det vore bra om jag fick hjälp att få dom tillbaka   tack på förhand Anders98
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost playlists when I merged accounts, please help!

Hi! I merged my old Facebook account to a new one in hopes of eventually just deleting my facebook but all my playlists were deleted Is there any way to recover them? I had lists I was using for an important project, rare finds. Please help!!!!!!!! T...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I merged my old Facebook account to a new one in hopes of eventually just deleting my facebook but all my playlists were deleted 😞 Is there any way to recover them? I had lists I was using for...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes