Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! how do i use my bose soundtouch with spotify

Hi can anybody give me pretty simple instructions/guiddance as to how i can play spotify directly through my bose soundtouch 30?? any help gratefully appreciated thanks

• Hi   can anybody give me pretty simple instructions/guiddance as to how i can play spotify directly through my bose soundtouch 30??   any help gratefully appreciated   than...
  • mike146
  • 55 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 55 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs on playlist getting cut off

All of my songs on my playlists suddenly are getting cut off and only playing half the song. How do I stop this from happening?

• All of my songs on my playlists suddenly are getting cut off and only playing half the song. How do I stop this from happening?
  • TDanino
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Can't see people who follow my playlist

HI! From new versions of Spotify where people follow other people/playlists etc and not subscribe to it, I can't see the people who is following my playlists. For example, in this playlist has 13 followers (formerly subscribers) but I can only see 3 ...

Sin título.png
  • Gig Goer
  • HI!   From new versions of Spotify where people follow other people/playlists etc and not subscribe to it, I can't see the people who is following my playlists. For example, in this playlist...
  • AlexZadik
  • 74 replies
  • 52 likes
  • Windows
  • 74 replies
  • 52 likes

Spotify works on PC but not wireless Samsung speaker

Hi there, first time poster. Anyway, I have spotify installed on my pc (windows 7 pro), works fine for the USB speakers connected to the docking station. BUT: I cannot get spotify from my PC to recognize my Samsung bluetooth wireless speaker. Itunes ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, first time poster.   Anyway, I have spotify installed on my pc (windows 7 pro), works fine for the USB speakers connected to the docking station.     BUT: I cannot ge...
  • williew2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify behind a https proxy

Hi, At work I am using Spotify connected by a https proxy. It seems Spotify does not like this kind of connection as the following is broken: Browse (only the loading gif shows here) Discover (no images shown) Artist overview page (no images in album...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   At work I am using Spotify connected by a https proxy. It seems Spotify does not like this kind of connection as the following is broken:   Browse (only the loading gif show...
  • daaim0
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes

Browse available in free account, but not in premium account

I have a premium account and a free account, when I log out of my premimum account in the windows desktop app version 0.9.6 and log into my free account i have the browse tab. But in my premium account I do not. What is going on? How come I pay for s...

• Roadie
  • I have a premium account and a free account, when I log out of my premimum account in the windows desktop app version 0.9.6 and log into my free account i have the browse tab. But in my premium accou...
  • ThaSnapDragon
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows; in device playlist window, cannot see all playlists

I cannot see all my playlists under DEVICES (big window to the right) on WIN desktop. It would be cool if I could, much easier to organize and get an overview on desktop than on an Ipod etc.. Obivously there must be a limit to how many that can be sh...

• Roadie
  • I cannot see all my playlists under DEVICES (big window to the right) on WIN desktop. It would be cool if I could, much easier to organize and get an overview on desktop than on an Ipod etc.. &nbsp...
  • spitspotpremium
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

What happened to 'artists' button?

When I use Spotify I like to click on the artists button and browse artists I like until I see one I want to listen to and then browse their discography. It's great, the tile setup of each artist gives me a good visual interface that makes it easy to...

• Gig Goer
  • When I use Spotify I like to click on the artists button and browse artists I like until I see one I want to listen to and then browse their discography. It's great, the tile setup of each artist giv...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Overwritten account

My first account was created with facebook and only facebook. I had not put any additional info, like new password or other account name. Few weeks ago I received and account from a friend of mine with a Spotify Premium on it, so I figured out I coul...

• Casual Listener
  • My first account was created with facebook and only facebook. I had not put any additional info, like new password or other account name. Few weeks ago I received and account from a friend of mine wi...
  • Christoffer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Custom Thumbnail

I am hoping someone knows how to create a custom thumbnail on a playlist I have the fastest growing Grunge playlist: Seattle Grunge if you're interested. A quick search of grunge on spotify puts this playlist at the top. The next 4 playlists have cus...

• Music Fan
  • I am hoping someone knows how to create a custom thumbnail on a playlist   I have the fastest growing Grunge playlist:   Seattle Grunge if you're interested.   A quick...
  • GenestealerUK
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Major stuttering and Spotify radio doesn't remember likes/dislikes

I have two problems, one is that Spotify songs will constantly stutter, even when loading nothing, and when loading a web page the stuttering gets 10x worse. I was talking to comcast last night for about 2 hours and nothing is wrong with my internet ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have two problems, one is that Spotify songs will constantly stutter, even when loading nothing, and when loading a web page the stuttering gets 10x worse. I was talking to comcast last night for a...
  • E-Beats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify not showing all songs from iTunes or Local Files

I love the fact that I can use spotify to listen to my songs on my desktop, laptop and iPhone and it's allowed me to be introduced to artists i'd never heard of until now! But I'm having an issue that's driving me to my witt's end! I'm desperate to g...

• Regular
  • I love the fact that I can use spotify to listen to my songs on my desktop, laptop and iPhone and it's allowed me to be introduced to artists i'd never heard of until now! But I'm having an issue tha...
  • ToStaSa
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Mediabuttons on keyboard stopped working

Hi, Couple days ago my mediabuttons on my keyboard stopped working with spotify, I've tried to reinstall my keyboard and reinstalled spotify. Still doesn't work. The buttons DO work in Windows Media Player but not in Spotify, what can the problem be?...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Couple days ago my mediabuttons on my keyboard stopped working with spotify, I've tried to reinstall my keyboard and reinstalled spotify. Still doesn't work.   The buttons DO ...
  • tobiasberget
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Better guidelines and contracts with artists and publishers

I've complained about this before (see: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Strange-things-going-on-with-the-Spotify-database/m-p/487240#M56046 ) and I'm seriously getting irritated with songs or artists suddenly changing in de...

• Music Fan
  • I've complained about this before (see: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Strange-things-going-on-with-the-Spotify-database/m-p/487240#M56046 ) and I'm seriously getting irri...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Stops playing for about 5 seconds every 5 minutes

For about 2 weeks ago spotify has started to act really irritating. Every 5-10 minutes spotify stops playing music for 5-10 seconds. Maybe its the buffer that's empty I don't now. There's no problem with my connection, I can watch all "play" services...

• Regular
  • For about 2 weeks ago spotify has started to act really irritating. Every 5-10 minutes spotify stops playing music for 5-10 seconds. Maybe its the buffer that's empty I don't now. There's no problem ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Show me how to disable upload / p2p

Hi, I pay Spotify $10/month (premium) Please tell me how to disable upload / p2p stuff that makes me lag every 5 minutes. Can't enjoy playing games while listening to music. I have AT&T U-verse with a crappy 1.5mpbs upload. I also heard that AT&T thr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I pay Spotify $10/month (premium)   Please tell me how to disable upload / p2p stuff that makes me lag every 5 minutes.  Can't enjoy playing games while listening to music.  ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Advertisement even though I have remium

So, Just now I saw this ad when I opened spotify: Can I fix this? Thanks

Untitled.png
  • Casual Listener
  • So, Just now I saw this ad when I opened spotify:       Can I fix this?   Thanks 🙂
  • eff
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify 0.9.8 update doesn't work

Hi, I used Spotify on one computer of me yesterday, and followed the notification to restart spotify, to install the new update. Now I have the newest version (0.9.8.15) of Spotify on this computer. Now I just wanted to update Spotify on my other com...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I used Spotify on one computer of me yesterday, and followed  the notification to restart spotify, to install the new update. Now I have the newest version (0.9.8.15) of Spoti...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Does Spotify have any hidden audio settings? Having an issue

I recently started using a desktop USB amplifier-dac to get better quality audio with my new headphones. It works with everything else (itunes etc etc) except the Spotify desktop client. What I mean is, when using Spotify, music is still output throu...

• Not applicable
  • I recently started using a desktop USB amplifier-dac to get better quality audio with my new headphones. It works with everything else (itunes etc etc) except the Spotify desktop client. What I mean ...
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Coping more than one file

Why I can't open the containing folder of more than one file? Basically I made a playlist and I want to copy all this songs to separate folder but seems to it's impossible. I tried to export playlist to winamp and copy from wmp but I gave up. Spotify...

• Why I can't open the containing folder of more than one file? Basically I made a playlist and I want to copy all this songs to separate folder but seems to it's impossible. I tried to export playlist...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes