Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

nvrmnd

•    
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music started automatically playing when I paused my music on my android phone

Hi, I listen to a lot of death metal. I was listening to some on my way to work on my phone, and then once I got to my office, I paused the music and it started playing on my desktop computer............................... out loud in my office... Is...

• Hi,   I listen to a lot of death metal. I was listening to some on my way to work on my phone, and then once I got to my office, I paused the music and it started playing on my desktop compute...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Image of Controlling Sonos from Spotify in Sonos desktop app?

Hi,I use Spotify from the Sonos app in Windows 10.Do you have an image of what it looks like, when the point (something about) security/enabling controlling Sonos from Spotify is not enabled?I just think that it could be useful for my own documentati...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I use Spotify from the Sonos app in Windows 10. Do you have an image of what it looks like, when the point (something about) security/enabling controlling Sonos from Spotify is not enabled? I ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Starred Playlist Is Empty Now

Hello! When I opened up Spotify (desktop app) this morning, I noticed that my Starred playlist is now empty. All of my other playlists have the songs in them still, just the starred playlist is now empty. The starred playlist still had songs in it la...

• Hello!   When I opened up Spotify (desktop app) this morning, I noticed that my Starred playlist is now empty. All of my other playlists have the songs in them still, just the starre...
  • Zephyr
  • Roadie
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist from your Music - Sort ability gone

Once upon a time you could sort the songs for an artist from your music by Title, Album or Date Added. That functionality appears to be gone now. Is this a bug or by design?

• Casual Listener
  • Once upon a time you could sort the songs for an artist from your music by Title, Album or Date Added.  That functionality appears to be gone now.  Is this a bug or by design?
  • mtopp24
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

local files

where do i get to this post message im so confused on how i can post a question or comment. i have a question about local files. How do I get MY music on local files and I figured out thanks to a fellow listener that I can get my playlists on the loc...

• Music Fan
  • where do i get to this post message im so confused on how i can post a question or comment. i have a question about local files. How do I get MY music on local files and I figured out thanks to a fel...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist folder

I'm not sure if that's been removed but when I click playlist folder I expect to see all the songs rather than playlists or more playlists folders. Hierarchy is easily accessible from the left pane; what is the point duplicating it in forms of square...

• Roadie
  • I'm not sure if that's been removed but when I click playlist folder I expect to see all the songs rather than playlists or more playlists folders. Hierarchy is easily accessible from the left pane; ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify makes windows to freeze. But I can't delete it.

Hey! I've updated to the newest version of Windows. But: I discovered after a few times that my Windows freezes completely when Spotify is opened for about 5 mins. So I tried the first step: reinstall. But I failed. I don't know how, but as Windows d...

• Hey!   I've updated to the newest version of Windows. But: I discovered after a few times that my Windows freezes completely when Spotify is opened for about 5 mins. So I tried the first step:...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist Radio

I've been trying to play multiple different Artist Radios and after the first song ends it reverts back to a playlist I listened to one time last week. I've ended the Spotify program, logged out and logged back in, restarted my computer, deleted Spot...

• I've been trying to play multiple different Artist Radios and after the first song ends it reverts back to a playlist I listened to one time last week. I've ended the Spotify program, logged out and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

all starred songs gone, cannot star anymore

as the title says, i cannot star any songs and all my starred songs disappeared the other day.any help would be greatly appreciated

• Casual Listener
  • as the title says, i cannot star any songs and all my starred songs disappeared the other day. any help would be greatly appreciated
  • kevinu86
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Sound glitch between two songs in a playlist

Hey,I encounter a strange sound glitch between the two following songs in the peaceful piano playlist.The Last Hour of Loneliness - https://open.spotify.com/track/69rVbu87RMuD3xiDAtTEfMNocturne, Op. posth. in C-Sharp Minor: Lento - https://open.spoti...

• Hey, I encounter a strange sound glitch between the two following songs in the peaceful piano playlist. The Last Hour of Loneliness - https://open.spotify.com/track/69rVbu87RMuD3xiDAtTEfM Noct...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

• Casual Listener
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problema ao salvar musicas na biblioteca/playlist

Uso spotify a quase dois anos e nunca tive problemas, ultimamente tem ocorrido ao salvar musicas. Sempre que salvo uma musica nova na biblioteca, fica como na imagem abaixo ''in 15 years'', ''in 12 years''

• Casual Listener
  • Uso spotify a quase dois anos e nunca tive problemas, ultimamente tem ocorrido ao salvar musicas. Sempre que salvo uma musica nova na biblioteca, fica como na imagem abaixo ''in 15 years'', ''in 12 y...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't view my own profile...?

I can't view my own profile anymore. I used to navigate there by clicking on my name from the desktop app (see attached picture). Now, clicking on my name does nothing. When I hover over my user name, the text becomes underlined and a hover-over text...

2017-05-07_1132.png 2017-05-07_1141.png
  • Visitor
  • I can't view my own profile anymore.  I used to navigate there by clicking on my name from the desktop app (see attached picture).  Now, clicking on my name does nothing.  When I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggested music after album.

Dear Spotifiy.Why the f*** do tou think it's a brilliant idea to play some random music following an album? And why do you suggest that there's an option to prevent it in "settings" when there's not?I'm SO tired of this "we know better than you what ...

• Dear Spotifiy. Why the f*** do tou think it's a brilliant idea to play some random music following an album? And why do you suggest that there's an option to prevent it in "settings" when there's no...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop app to chromecast - How many years do you need?

After Chromecast support was requested back in 2013, it's still not fully functional. I know this fix has been requested since the support was introduced back in 2015, and still doesnt work.I know there are workarounds like the web player, starting i...

• Casual Listener
  • After Chromecast support was requested back in 2013, it's still not fully functional.   I know this fix has been requested since the support was introduced back in 2015, and still doesnt work....
  • basu68
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Local files matching songs on spotifys server

Hello, I have recently come back to spotify but i noticed that a lot of my local files/songs are being matched with songs or albums on spotifys servers even if they arnt technically available on spotify anymore. Is there anyway of stopping this happe...

• Hello, I have recently come back to spotify but i noticed that a lot of my local files/songs are being matched with songs or albums on spotifys servers even if they arnt technically available on spot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to restore deleted songs from the library

I accidently unsaved an album from my library, is there a way to undo this?

• Regular
  • I accidently unsaved an album from my library, is there a way to undo this?
  • hadarsi320
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to sync download song on my phone to my desktop?

Hi,when I download song on my smartphone, but my desktop doesn't download the song, how to make it when I download on my phone and at the same time it can sync to my desktop? so I dont have to download it twice.

• Hi, when I download song on my smartphone, but my desktop doesn't download the song, how to make it when I download on my phone and at the same time it can sync to my desktop? so I dont have to down...
  • ant0n1
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes