Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

activity from years ago?

Can I see my own, or a friends activity from about a year and a half ago? We listened to a couple cool bands, but never added them to a playlist and forgot their name

• Casual Listener
  • Can I see my own, or a friends activity from about a year and a half ago?  We listened to a couple cool bands, but never added them to a playlist and forgot their name 😞
  • Rollo_
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong music to title

Description The albums 'The Grand Design' and 'Shine' of Edenbridge have the correct track listing and durations, but when I click a song, another song begins to play. I have a feeling the music is shuffled. A more detailed description, using numbere...

• Description The albums 'The Grand Design' and 'Shine' of Edenbridge have the correct track listing and durations, but when I click a song, another song begins to play. I have a feeling the music is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Alla mina spellistor är borta?

Hej vissa av mina spellistor är borta Hur gör jag för att få dom tillbaka är ingen dataexpert så det vore bra om jag fick hjälp att få dom tillbaka tack på förhand Anders98

• Hej vissa av mina spellistor är borta  Hur gör jag för att få dom tillbaka är ingen dataexpert så det vore bra om jag fick hjälp att få dom tillbaka   tack på förhand Anders98
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost playlists when I merged accounts, please help!

Hi! I merged my old Facebook account to a new one in hopes of eventually just deleting my facebook but all my playlists were deleted Is there any way to recover them? I had lists I was using for an important project, rare finds. Please help!!!!!!!! T...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I merged my old Facebook account to a new one in hopes of eventually just deleting my facebook but all my playlists were deleted 😞 Is there any way to recover them? I had lists I was using for...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Hotkey for Thumbs up or down

I'm just checking if anybody has figured out a way to do this and maybe I'm missing something. I'm looking for a way to assign a hotkey to thumbs up or thumbs down a radio station, however it needs to get done. Blockify and Toastify don't seem to imp...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm just checking if anybody has figured out a way to do this and maybe I'm missing something. I'm looking for a way to assign a hotkey to thumbs up or thumbs down a radio station, however it needs t...
  • Mobuos
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Long Blocks of Ads

Ever since the 0.9.6.72 update I have been experiencing long blocks of ads that play for at least 3 minutes, around 6 ads a break. I know I didn't pay for premium, but the ad blocks were never this bad before the update. I've quit the program thinkin...

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since the 0.9.6.72 update I have been experiencing long blocks of ads that play for at least 3 minutes, around 6 ads a break. I know I didn't pay for premium, but the ad blocks were never this b...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify does not play over audio interface

hi there, i have a Focusrite 2i4 USB audio interface, which i use to work with programs like sibelius and ableton. Problem is that whenever it's connected, spotify wont play. this is of course very annoying. Any one experienced problems like this? be...

• Casual Listener
  • hi there,   i have a Focusrite 2i4 USB audio interface, which i use to work with programs like sibelius and ableton. Problem is that whenever it's connected, spotify wont play. this is of co...
  • Mxmdf
  • Casual Listener
  • 21 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 21 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! View my friends playlists

I can't find the list with all my firends where i can view theire playlists, where do i find this now?

• Regular
  • I can't find the list with all my firends where i can view theire playlists, where do i find this now?
  • iveeforbes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Can no longer add tracks to "Starred" list; instead, clicking on 1st column gives a Check Mark

When I click on the plus sign in the first column on a play list or search result, I used to get a star. Now I get a check mark. And, when I go into my "Starred" play list, these songs with a check mark are not in the list. What happened, and how do ...

• Regular
  • When I click on the plus sign in the first column on a play list or search result, I used to get a star.  Now I get a check mark .  And, when I go into my "Starred" play list, these song...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't match my local files when listening on work computer

On my Mac at home, I imported my iTunes playlists into Spotify. Everything plays just fine on that computer (presumably) because the files are all there locally. However when I use the web or desktop version of Spotify on my computer at work, NONE of...

• Gig Goer
  • On my Mac at home, I imported my iTunes playlists into Spotify. Everything plays just fine on that computer (presumably) because the files are all there locally.   However when I use the web...
  • Novantique
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

many selections do not play up to 20% on some albums

I have encountered more than a few albums where many selections will not play. Have erased playlist and started over-- make no difference, am current on updates and i allow plenty of memory (cache). PS Dont tell me to reinstall anymore!!

• Roadie
  • I have encountered more than a few albums where many selections will not play. Have erased playlist and started over-- make no difference, am current on updates and i allow plenty of memory (cach...
  • PaulRx4
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify with Squid proxy

I'm the proxy admin at my workplace, and I'm trying to get Spotify to work with it. Here's the problem: After installing spotify, if I specify HTTPS proxy and enter the server, port and authentication info, it works great! All the features work, and ...

• Not applicable
  •   I'm the proxy admin at my workplace, and I'm trying to get Spotify to work with it.  Here's the problem:   After installing spotify, if I specify HTTPS proxy and enter the serv...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Spotify in Greece" is a joke.

Hi, I recently changed my account from British to Greek and noticed that 20% of the tracks in my playlists are unavailable. 1/5 of the tracks that my friends are sending me (from the UK and the US) are not available in Greece. It feels like I am usin...

• Roadie
  • Hi,   I recently changed my account from British to Greek and noticed that 20% of the tracks in my playlists are unavailable. 1/5 of the tracks that my friends are sending me (from the UK an...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Playlist length won't show on 0.9.4.185

I am supposed to be able to see how long my playlists play for in 0.9.4.185 but all I see is the number of tracks. Help me, please.

• Roadie
  • I am supposed to be able to see how long my playlists play for in 0.9.4.185 but all I see is the number of tracks. Help me, please.
  • mbug90
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP!-Artist collection on iphone wont transfer to spotify on my laptop...How come???

I have collected a number of artists in my COLLECTION to listen to on my I phone. Now that I have downloaded it on my desktop none of them are there or on my account! Do I need to individually reselect each artist or search them every time I want to ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have collected a number of artists in my COLLECTION to listen to on my I phone. Now that I have downloaded it on my desktop none of them are there or on my account! Do I need to individually resele...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify suddenly crashes when I enable Scrobbling.

I was using Spotify earlier without a hitch. Suddenly, I've been having issues. It started with some random 101 errors. I restarted my computer after reinstalling Spotify, and they went away. I noticed now though that my songs don't Scrobble anymore....

• I was using Spotify earlier without a hitch. Suddenly, I've been having issues. It started with some random 101 errors. I restarted my computer after reinstalling Spotify, and they went away. I notic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error Code 117

I recently received a new computer with windows 7. I downloaded spotify and it was working fine. Then with out changing anything I started receiving a message saying that it can not log in due to error code 117. I have been looking in the forums and ...

• I recently received a new computer with windows 7. I downloaded spotify and it was working fine. Then with out changing anything I started receiving a message saying that it can not log in due to err...
  • Christoffer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Too many tracks selected for offline mode

I keep getting the above message whenever I open Spotify on my Windows 7 computer. I don't have any tracks whatsoever saved for offline mode on the computer. If I click on a playlist to try and save it the error message just pops up again.

• Music Fan
  • I keep getting the above message whenever I open Spotify on my Windows 7 computer.  I don't have any tracks whatsoever saved for offline mode on the computer.  If I click on a playlist to t...
  • jhs39
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Having a problem with my playlist playing what it wants....

Here's the problem, when I play songs on my starred playlist and I pick a song to start off and have it on shuffle it goes to a different song after song I picked..But then stays on that artist with no shuffle, and my starred list isn't even set up t...

• Casual Listener
  • Here's the problem, when I play songs on my starred playlist and I pick a song to start off and have it on shuffle it goes to a different song after song I picked..But then stays on that artist with ...
  • akselgnr
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with following

Im not able to find random users i wanted to follow that arent my facebook friends

• Im not able to find random users i wanted to follow that arent my facebook friends
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes