Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No songs will play

No songs will play

Hi Guys,

I have been digging through the forums and google search for an answer to no luck.

I recently uninstalled and then re-installed spotify, the platform now no longer plays any songs. Whether it's from Discover, browse, offline, online etc.

The play bar is completely grey and when selecting a song - no action what so ever.

Thing's ive done:

1. Completely removed spotify from PC and all folders. Restarted PC. Reinstalled - same issue.

2. Turned on and off the Hardware acceraltion - restarted app - no resolution

3. The play.spotify.com and the desktop app is the same. They are experiencing the same issue where songs dont play when pressed play.

However... it seems if I randomly play a song via "Play random" - a song will play. But if I go to discover or browser or any other song and attempt - the new song wont play and the play will still continue to show the old song. 

So far, nothing has worked in getting this resolved. 

Anyone have a clue on what else to do?

EDIT:

It seems the only way to get songs to play is to go into the album, and play. Playing the song from it's dashboard view doesn't work anymore...

2 Replies

This will happen occasionally for me too. I don't know if I can for sure give you a solution for this, but for me I had to use the webplayer instead of the app itself. On this it still happens sometimes but I have been able to fix by either reloading or hitting play on a playlist etc and then selecting what I want to play after it finally starts playing the playlist.

Yeah sadly it's only a small workaround. Before I updated it worked flawlessly... damnit Spotify

Suggested posts