Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Wrong Placement Time of Playlist Songs

Hi everyone. I'm having this problem where on a playlist I made, several of the songs show the wrong times of when they were put in the playlist. For example: when I put Wait For Love by St. Lucia in the playlist 2 days ago, the date added still says...

• Hi everyone.   I'm having this problem where on a playlist I made, several of the songs show the wrong times of when they were put in the playlist. For example: when I put Wait For Love by S...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Your Music Failed to load/Browse not loading since 11 July 2014

Hi, I'm very new to all of this (spotify) and it might be that my problem is already mentioned somewhere (though I couldn't find it). This morning all was well, but now I have lost all of 'my music'. Playlists are intact. This is on my laptop. Howeve...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'm very new to all of this (spotify) and it might be that my problem is already mentioned somewhere (though I couldn't find it). This morning all was well, but now I have lost all o...
  • Rorey
  • Spotify
  • 118 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 118 replies
  • 4 likes

Help Deleted playlist still appears on profile

I deleted a playlist a long time ago, simply a track that I accidentally made into it's own playlist. However, after looking at my profile from a friend's account, it still shows up. The playlist has no followers, and is deleted from my toolbar on th...

• I deleted a playlist a long time ago, simply a track that I accidentally made into it's own playlist. However, after looking at my profile from a friend's account, it still shows up. The playlist...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sidebar for Windows

Hi guys! To make things sure right away: I'm not a native English speaker so excuse mistakes in spelling etc. Furthermore I'm not talking about the Sidebar-Feed inside of Spotify. I want to know if there is a way to have spotify as a Sidebar for my W...

• Hi guys!   To make things sure right away: I'm not a native English speaker so excuse mistakes in spelling etc. Furthermore I'm not talking about the Sidebar-Feed inside of Spotify. I want...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I have accidentally deleted my playlist! [HELP FAST]

Hello Some hours ago ive must have deleted my playlist called "chill". On my phone when it was in my pocket, cuz I have no idea why the playlist isent there anymore. My name there are as you may aldredy know erix121, right now im connected with faceb...

• Visitor
  • Hello   Some hours ago ive must have deleted my playlist called "chill". On my phone when it was in my pocket, cuz  I have no idea why the playlist isent there anymore. My name there ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

cannot sync albums directly from desktop app to android

Hello, I don't know if this issue is somewhere else on the forum, I couldn't find it. In my previous version of Spotify I could easily sync the albums directly from my album list in the desktop app to my android phone: I just needed to tick the album...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I don't know if this issue is somewhere else on the forum, I couldn't find it. In my previous version of Spotify I could easily sync the albums directly from my album list in the ...
  • Kodro1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with shared playlists

How can a user who receives a shared playlist by email add that playlist to their own playlists to listen inside the spotify app? I share playlists by email with non facebook spotify premium friends. easy as per the guide When they receive the email ...

• Casual Listener
  • How can a user who receives a shared playlist by email add that playlist to their own playlists to listen inside the spotify app?   I share playlists by email with non facebook spotify premi...
  • junos
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Win 7 shutdown of computer - have to force quit Spotify

For a few weeks now each time I shutdown my computer (Win 7) I have to force quit Spotify. When will this bug be fixed?

• Casual Listener
  • For a few weeks now each time I shutdown my computer (Win 7) I have to force quit Spotify. When will this bug be fixed?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio - Add function to vote on songs that have played

This isn't a question but more of a gripe I have about spotify radio. When liking or disliking a song, it completely updates the next 4 songs queued. Its frustrating when trying to narrow down a station to a certain few bands or sound, and seeing an ...

• This isn't a question but more of a gripe I have about spotify radio. When liking or disliking a song, it completely updates the next 4 songs queued. Its frustrating when trying to narrow down a stat...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Get away from me Jake Bug!

How many times do I have to click on thumbs down before Spotify radio understands that I don't want to listen to Jake Bug? I swear I've clicked it 50 times and there are only 18 tracks on his album. I know because I checked. I mean wtf is the thumbs ...

• Regular
  • How many times do I have to click on thumbs down before Spotify radio understands that I don't want to listen to Jake Bug?  I swear I've clicked it 50 times and there are only 18 tracks on his a...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app on Windows 7

Hi eveybody, I'm new and I apologize in advance for my english because I'm Italian. When I open the App on my pc, the pages browse, discover, radio, follow, messages and seach, I can't view. I view only black pages. I uninstall the app and install th...

• Regular
  • Hi eveybody, I'm new and I apologize in advance for my english 😞 because I'm Italian. When I open the App on my pc, the pages browse, discover, radio, follow, messages and seach, I can't ...
  • Elcharro94
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

possible new bug?

Hi, I just updated to 0.9.11.27 and now it pauses up to a second when I press the next or previous button. I used this old version this morning with the message to restart in order to upgrade. before upgrade I did not have this issue. I press next, c...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I just updated to 0.9.11.27 and now it pauses up to a second when I press the next or previous button. I used this old version this morning with the message to restart in order to upgrade. before...
  • honcho
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend activity not showing

Hi I recently updated my spotify and now can no longer view friends activity on the right sidebar... any solutions?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi  I recently updated my spotify and now can no longer view friends activity on the right sidebar... any solutions?
  • giuliana_leone
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Lost playlist

Hi, I deleted by mistake the spotify application on my facebook account. Since then I lost all my playlist and my starred playlist. I used the recover option but it says I haven't any deleted playlist. Can someone help me ? Thanks a lot

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I deleted by mistake the spotify application on my facebook account. Since then I lost all my playlist and my starred playlist. I used the recover option but it says I haven't any deleted playl...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

doesnt show the song playing in the album after playlist

i found a error in spotify desktop and we player, when i select a song of a playlist, whole playing i click on the artist of the song and when it redirect to the artist and the album where is included the song it doesnt show the song playing in the a...

• Visitor
  • i found a error in spotify desktop and we player,   when i select a song of a playlist, whole playing i click on the artist of the song and when it redirect to the artist and the album where...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues with playlist

I'm having some issues with my playlist. Not the one that you can make from spotify, but ones that you can transfer from either itunes and windows media. For the past month or two, the 3 playlist that I have from itunes have either gone completely ou...

• Gig Goer
  • I'm having some issues with my playlist. Not the one that you can make from spotify, but ones that you can transfer from either itunes and windows media. For the past month or two, the 3 playlist tha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to manually organise Spotify playlists

My current issue is that I am trying to organise my playlists into genres i.e. hip-hop, pop etc, but I don't want to drag my playlists one by one. I had the clever idea that I could export my playlists, edit it the way I wanted then import it back, s...

• Regular
  • My current issue is that I am trying to organise my playlists into genres i.e. hip-hop, pop etc, but  I don't want to drag  my playlists one by one. I had the clever idea that I could expor...
  • amarcolino
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not playing through center speakers/subwoofer

About two weeks ago, Spotify stopped playing music through my center speakers/subwoofer channel, though it still plays music fine through the front stereo speakers. The problem is not with the system settings, as all of my local files (various formas...

• Casual Listener
  • About two weeks ago, Spotify stopped playing music through my center speakers/subwoofer channel, though it still plays music fine through the front stereo speakers. The problem is not with the s...
  • Sjoerd303
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I reset personalization?

I've created a playlist of tunes that I like to hear...probably about half of them I brought over from my Pandora "likes". The more I personalized Spotify radio (I primarily listen to the "alternative" radio station), the more it just plays the same ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've created a playlist of tunes that I like to hear...probably about half of them I brought over from my Pandora "likes".  The more I personalized Spotify radio (I primarily listen to the "alte...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Env: prod