Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Ontdekken / Discover

How do I remove a category from 'discover'? I listened to JC Superstar on Easter and now I have an "Andrew Lloyd Webber" line of possible albums based upon this! How do I remove this?

• Regular
  • How do I remove a category from 'discover'? I listened to JC Superstar on Easter and now I have an "Andrew Lloyd Webber" line of possible albums based upon this! How do I remove this?
  • Claudius
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing songs I don't have in any playlist

This happens regularly after a few last updates (can't say which one of them) - while listening to my playlist I get a song, which I don't have in it (which I never even heard), I even scroll all the playlist to check it and find a sign marking the s...

• Regular
  • This happens regularly after a few last updates (can't say which one of them) - while listening to my playlist I get a song, which I don't have in it (which I never even heard), I even scroll all the...
  • Olka_mk
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Local Files added to the "Song" Playlist

Got some mixtapes that I want to be included in the shuffle with my spotify "approved" music. Any guidance on this?

• Got some mixtapes that I want to be included in the shuffle with my spotify " approved" music. Any guidance on this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting Playlists

I was wondering if there was a way to change the default sorting method of playlists, I know you can already do it by clicking the buttons at the top, but it always seems to revert back to sorting by date added. It is the same thing on the iOS app. M...

• Regular
  • I was wondering if there was a way to change the default sorting method of playlists, I know you can already do it by clicking the buttons at the top, but it always seems to revert back to sorting by...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Full screen mode downscales when you have game open on other monitor

Basically, i use two monitors. One with spotify, and one with everything else, for example games. I found this fullscreen feature today, dunno if its been around for long, but when i play CSGO, Spotify downscales, so on the top of the screen i see so...

• Casual Listener
  • Basically, i use two monitors. One with spotify, and one with everything else, for example games. I found this fullscreen feature today, dunno if its been around for long, but when i play CSGO, Spoti...
  • hoboonhai
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

Yeah I'd like to know if I can get my old messages? I would have maybe saved them if I knew they were gonna be disappearing.

• Casual Listener
  • Yeah I'd like to know if I can get my old messages? I would have maybe saved them if I knew they were gonna be disappearing.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

STRG+A History

So I tried to add my complete history to a playlist. When i tried doing it with the Strg+A command to select all songs spotify wouldnt add it to the playlist. So i had to select them all manually to do it. That was pretty annoying for me. Exspecially...

• So I tried to add my complete history to a playlist. When i tried doing it with the Strg+A command to select all songs spotify wouldnt add it to the playlist. So i had to select them all manually to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is there any way to retrieve messages from the old inbox

I have not found a way while searching for a way to view the messages from my old inbox. edit: I know the inbox has been removed as a feature

• Visitor
  • I have not found a way while searching for a way to view the messages from my old inbox. edit: I know the inbox has been removed as a feature
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Broken Czech translation

My Czech Spotify has a broken translation for "Další v pořadí". As you can see in the attachment, there is extra " " (HTML hard space character). There might be more - this is the one I noticed.

• Regular
  • My Czech Spotify has a broken translation for "Další v pořadí". As you can see in the attachment, there is extra " " (HTML hard space character). There might be more - this is the one I noti...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Randomly Become Unavailable

I've had this problem in the past but it has been happening a lot more this week. I have some folders with .mp3s in them and I've been playing them just fine for months now with Spotify, but sometimes they will become unavailable randomly when I open...

• I've had this problem in the past but it has been happening a lot more this week. I have some folders with .mp3s in them and I've been playing them just fine for months now with Spotify, but sometime...
  • otriangle
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

local files keep disappearing some songs

songs from local library i added to my playlists are disappearing and not recognized, why ????????????????? thats why we should be able to drag and drop, this is so annoying while adding 50 songs and realizing some of them didnt get through, then hav...

• Music Fan
  • songs from local library i added to my playlists are disappearing and not recognized, why ?????????????????   thats why we should be able to drag and drop, this is so annoying while adding 50 ...
  • XMS3D0
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[All platforms] Discover Weekly playlist contains offensive music

Hi, My current Discover Weekly playlist contains music by a band that has been known to celebrate nazis. I have no idea how my music I've been listening to could add up to that recommendation and I wonder if it's possible to remove that track from th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   My current Discover Weekly playlist contains music by a band that has been known to celebrate nazis. I have no idea how my music I've been listening to could add up to that recommendatio...
  • NinjaSE
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Wrong Songs Playing When Selected (Sorting Bug)

Having a new problem where when I click on saved songs it starts playing a different song, and I have to manually skip through until I get what I want. This only happens with saved songs and after some investigation I worked out that the problem is a...

• Music Fan
  • Having a new problem where when I click on saved songs it starts playing a different song, and I have to manually skip through until I get what I want. This only happens with saved songs and after so...
  • mtopp24
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

where can I see how many offline songs I have downloaded?

Hello, I'm attempting to troubleshoot why some of my offline songs won't play,and one of the checks is to see if you have >3,333 songs downloaded on one device. However, I don't know where either on my spotify local install or on the web account to s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I'm attempting to troubleshoot why some of my offline songs won't play,and one of the checks is to see if you have >3,333 songs downloaded on one device.  However, I don't kno...
  • chriszani
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

recommended songs

was the feature of "recommended songs" removed? I cannot access it anymore. is there a way for me to get it back? i'm using the desktop app and windows.

• Regular
  • was the feature of "recommended songs" removed? I cannot access it anymore. is there a way for me to get it back? i'm using the desktop app and windows.
  • Xaw13
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files won't sync

I have added files to the folders and added the folders to sync. However they only work for a short period of time. They show up, I can add them to a playlist and sync them to my phone. However next time I start up spotify I need to readd all the fil...

• Casual Listener
  • I have added files to the folders and added the folders to sync. However they only work for a short period of time. They show up, I can add them to a playlist and sync them to my phone. However next ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Slow DSL - will downloaded playlist solve streaming drop-outs?

My DSL is so slow that playing music via streaming causes drop-outs in the audio.I've got a Premium account, using Windows 10, and 1.0.53.758.gde3fc4b2 If I download a playlist but am still connected to the internet, will I get better playback? That ...

• Regular
  • My DSL is so slow that playing music via streaming causes drop-outs in the audio. I've got a Premium account, using Windows 10, and 1.0.53.758.gde3fc4b2   If I download a playlist but am stil...
  • UprightPlayer
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Bug] Part of Friends Activity is hidden

I'm currently using the Desktop Spotify version on Windows with the Spanish language package. On the Friends Activity side panel, the Label "Actividad de los amigos" (Friends Activity) partially hides the information of the topmost friend. I am curre...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm currently using the Desktop Spotify version on Windows with the Spanish language package.   On the Friends Activity side panel, the Label "Actividad de los amigos" (Friends Activity) parti...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify muting swears in explicit songs all of the sudden

I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if so please help because half the lyrics are missing from of these songs and i pay money every month so i can listen to the music....

• I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if so please help because half the lyrics are missing from of these songs and i pay money every month so i can listen to the music....
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

New PC - No content

I recently got a new PC (Windows 10) and downloaded the Spotify player. I have a premium account which I logged in with. Everything works fine except it says I have no saved playlists, songs, artists, albums, stations, etc... Any ideas out there?

• I recently got a new PC (Windows 10) and downloaded the Spotify player. I have a premium account which I logged in with. Everything works fine except it says I have no saved playlists, songs, artists...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes