Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Spotify doesnt start, no error, so splash

Hello, since i had some grafic driver problems (they are all fixed now) spotify doesnt start anymore. It doesnt even show the splash. The only thing that happens is that one "SpotifyWebHelper" task opens. What ive already tried: -Start Spotify.exe as...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   since i had some grafic driver problems (they are all fixed now) spotify doesnt start anymore. It doesnt even show the splash. The only thing that happens is that one "SpotifyWebHel...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Search/Clicking on Artist's Name Does Nothing

Since I upgraded to the newest Spotify about a week ago (0.9.10.22.gf8788f9), I've been having problems searching and clicking on band's names. Everything works just fine for about five minutes, then all of a sudden when I try and search, I just get ...

• Music Fan
  • Since I upgraded to the newest Spotify about a week ago (0.9.10.22.gf8788f9), I've been having problems searching and clicking on band's names. Everything works just fine for about five minutes, then...
  • smidny
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Keyboard Play/Pause button no longer functioning since last update

I have a Microsoft keyboard with 4 multimedia buttons: 1. play/pause 2. volume down 3. volume up 4. mute The play/pause button had always worked in Spotify, but now it doesn't. I just updated to version 0.9.10.22.gf87988f9.

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Microsoft keyboard with 4 multimedia buttons: 1. play/pause 2. volume down 3. volume up 4. mute   The play/pause button had always worked in Spotify, but now it doesn't. &nb...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

When will the songs on Maroon 5s album Overexposed be available in Sweden?

Since nobody can really explain to me why an album's that have been available for at least a year suddenly stops being available, while I might add the commentary on the songs are still available, I'd like to know when the whole album - songs and com...

• Casual Listener
  • Since nobody can really explain to me why an album's that have been available for at least a year suddenly stops being available, while I might add the commentary on the songs are still available, I'...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Do activity sharing preferences affect statistics on your profile?

If I change my preferences so that I'm not sharing my activity with Spotify followers, will the statistics on my profile (top artists, playlists) still change to reflect my current music taste, or will they just remain static or disappear after a whi...

• Music Fan
  • If I change my preferences so that I'm not sharing my activity with Spotify followers, will the statistics on my profile (top artists, playlists) still change to reflect my current music taste, or wi...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Played empty

I have looked been searching for a resolution to my problem, but can't find anything. 1) There is not any content under my Recently Played Artists and my activity is not showing up in feeds. My settings are set for my activity to show, but nothing is...

• Casual Listener
  • I have looked been searching for a resolution to my problem, but can't find anything.   1) There is not any content under my Recently Played Artists and my activity is not showing up in...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Starring Songs with TuneWiki

Use the tunewiki app click the tiny star next to the song title and it will move automatically to your starred folder

Screen Shot 2014-06-24 at 10.46.26 PM.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • Use the tunewiki app click the tiny star next to the song title and it will move automatically to your starred folder  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account hacked

Somebody has hacked my spotify account and changed my email address to their own and changed my password. I can't change the password back because it keeps asking me for current password (i do not know this because the hacker set it) and sending a pa...

• Somebody has hacked my spotify account and changed my email address to their own and changed my password. I can't change the password back because it keeps asking me for current password (i do not kn...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why Spotify?

Okay, I'll try this again (I thought for sure I posted a message about this, but in my posts lists I don't see one -- it's heck to get old). I'm about a week away from the end of my free Premium trial and at this point I can't see any reason to conti...

• Regular
  • Okay, I'll try this again (I thought for sure I posted a message about this, but in my posts lists I don't see one -- it's heck to get old).   I'm about a week away from the end of my free P...
  • Kelleytoons
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify has changed a song to a spanish cover version

Hello! I logged onto spotify, and started to play the album Franz Ferdinand, by Franz Ferdinand. Suddenly, when it reached "The dark of the matinée", the original version didn't play, but instead a spanish cover version. I simply cannot get the origi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   I logged onto spotify, and started to play the album Franz Ferdinand, by Franz Ferdinand.  Suddenly, when it reached "The dark of the matinée", the original version didn't pl...
  • henrikfolleso
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists, radio and duplicates

Hi, I have a question to team/users: I play radio based on playlist. Lets say that I like some song and want to add it to my playlist. I click Add to -> playlist, and yes, its there. Nice. But very often Spotify radio keeps looping around the same se...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,    I have a question to team/users:    I play radio based on playlist. Lets say that I like some song and want to add it to my playlist. I click Add to -> playlist,...
  • ParanolmArt
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify forcing itself to desktop foreground?

I have never, EVER, had this problem before but here goes: Here I am playing my good ol' World of Warcraft, really quiet like, and I think to myself, "darn, I'd really like to listen to some music." So I do as I always do, and start up spotify, throw...

• Casual Listener
  • I have never, EVER, had this problem before but here goes:   Here I am playing my good ol' World of Warcraft, really quiet like, and I think to myself, "darn, I'd really like to listen to so...
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

my speaker icon is covered by advertisement..

Anyone know how to uncover the icon so I can adjust the speaker volume? Image attached showing the ad... have tried refreshing...restarting... changing zoom in and out... nothing works...

• Casual Listener
  • Anyone know how to uncover the icon so I can adjust the speaker volume?  Image attached showing the ad... have tried refreshing...restarting... changing zoom in and out... nothing works...
  • nate2051
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crash on launch

When launching spotify it crashes about 1-3 seconds after.. Any ideas as to why? And how to fix it? This happened recently, and does not happen when using older versions.Any help would be much obliged.

• When launching spotify it crashes about 1-3 seconds after.. Any ideas as to why? And how to fix it? This happened recently, and does not happen when using older versions. Any help would be much ob...
  • pmann
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"Discover" language problem

Hi. I set english language in the Desktop App (http://screencloud.net/v/Ck1o) but in "Discover" I got suggestions in spanish (http://screencloud.net/v/1h6). In the web app I have the same issue (http://screencloud.net/v/9VPa). I want have suggestions...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.     I set english language in the Desktop App (http://screencloud.net/v/Ck1o) but in "Discover" I got suggestions in spanish (http://screencloud.net/v/1h6). In the web app I ...
  • pablomassa
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Play Button not working

A lot of the buttons does not respong when i click them with my finger. Sometimes I dont have my mouse with me, and a simple thing as allowing us to click using touch should definitely work. I consider this a serious bug. Using Windows 8 with a touch...

• A lot of the buttons does not respong when i click them with my finger. Sometimes I dont have my mouse with me, and a simple thing as allowing us to click using touch should definitely work. I consid...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Seeking understanding of local file upload with my new acct.

im trying to grasp the local file bit on spotify. ive just recently downloaded the program and upon my first glance around i noticed "local files" being synced to my acct. what is this? is it simular to torrent seeding? does it allow any ccess to fil...

• im trying to grasp the local file bit on spotify. ive just recently downloaded the program and upon my first glance around i noticed "local files" being synced to my acct.  what is this? is it...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How To Recreate a Library!

Are you someone who has 50,000 songs scattered across maybe hundreds of playlists? You can recreate your library and even be able to search within it for just that special single song you are looking for. How To: 1. Click on the word FILE in the uppe...

• Visitor
  • Are you someone who has 50,000 songs scattered across maybe hundreds of playlists? You can recreate your library and even be able to search within it for just that special single song you are looking...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

the wood brothers smoke ring halo

Some of the tracks off this album skip around and click and im pretty sure there's other albums/songs with the Skippy problem as well . Also there's another band on the wood brothers page also (the wood brothers) that should be on a different page . ...

• Some of the tracks off this album skip around and click and im pretty sure there's other albums/songs with the Skippy problem  as well  . Also there's another band on the wood brothers pa...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook problems/ Billing twice

Hi, I recently synced my Spotify account with my Facebook account, but instead of simply connecting the two it seems as though it's created an entirely new Spotify account for me, so what I now have is one account which is the original, is on my phon...

• Hi,   I recently synced my Spotify account with my Facebook account, but instead of simply connecting the two it seems as though it's created an entirely new Spotify account for me, so what ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Env: prod