Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Certain album won't play but others will

Does anyone else know why this is happening or can you replicate? This seems to be the only album on Spotify that I can't play?!

Capture.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Does anyone else know why this is happening or can you replicate? This seems to be the only album on Spotify that I can't play?!
  • bronwynproven
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Sharing playlists with other Spotify users

@Jacob : Hi there Jacob. I get the impression, that you have some kind of say in correlation with Spotify or maybe some sort of deeper connection with Spotify than us - the common customors - is that so??If it is - and you really mean it, when you sa...

• Regular
  • @Jacob : Hi there Jacob. I get the impression, that you have some kind of say in correlation with Spotify or maybe some sort of deeper connection with Spotify than us - the common customors - is that...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

There is no good mechanism for feedback on Spotify's forums, Facebook, or Twitter. On the forums they close ideas and voting, in other social media they take you offline and direct to a forum thread. On the forum they censor posts they don't want peo...

• Gig Goer
  • There is no good mechanism for feedback on Spotify's forums, Facebook, or Twitter. On the forums they close ideas and voting, in other social media they take you offline and direct to a forum thread....
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

In other words... Frig off! Have a wonderful day! They obviously don't care. They had no issue just removing all of our personal messages without any warning and without any explanation. Keep posting anywhere and everywhere. Here, twitter, facebook, ...

• Music Fan
  • In other words... Frig off! Have a wonderful day! 🙂   They obviously don't care. They had no issue just removing all of our personal messages without any warning and without any exp...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Hey guys. Just popping in here to say that continuing to post the idea to bring back the inbox/messaging system in the Idea Submissions sub-forum won't have any affect on Spotify's decision. They will continue to be closed in the same way I closed @C...

• Community Legend
  • Hey guys. Just popping in here to say that continuing to post the idea to bring back the inbox/messaging system in the Idea Submissions sub-forum won't have any affect on Spotify's decision. They wil...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

I like @ChicagoSnakes idea to keep posting this as an idea. Totally right that this forum for making suggestions is obviously not having any effect. I am having a hard time finding where to submit an idea though. Where can we do that?

• Casual Listener
  • I like @ChicagoSnakes idea to keep posting this as an idea.  Totally right that this forum for making suggestions is obviously not having any effect. I am having a hard time finding where t...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

How to automatically play on current device?

Super simple: I go from home computer to work computer. When I press Play - it starts playing on the last device that was playing. This is stupid for me. I want it to always start playing on the device I am using.I don't see a setting for this anywhe...

• Casual Listener
  • Super simple: I go from home computer to work computer. When I press Play - it starts playing on the last device that was playing. This is stupid for me. I want it to always start playing on the devi...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Also, bringing back this function is the NUMBER 1 ranked idea submitted on your Ideas board and by twice as many votes as your number 2 ranked idea. So..... Let's keep proposing this "IDEA" and voting on it. Even if they try to shut out our voices by...

• Roadie
  • Also, bringing back this function is the NUMBER 1 ranked idea submitted on your Ideas board and by twice as many votes as your number 2 ranked idea. So.....   Let's keep proposing this "IDEA" ...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Deej59, there is no way to share anything anymore using a user interface. In fact, there is no longer any user interface whatsoever, aside from collaborating on a playlist with someone.You can't even see who is following your playlists now. What you ...

• Roadie
  • Deej59, there is no way to share anything anymore using a user interface. In fact, there is no longer any user interface whatsoever, aside from collaborating on a playlist with someone.You can't even...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Can't play a folder of playlists

I can no longer play a folder of playlists on the Windows client. There is a Play button which changes to Pause when I click it, but nothing ever plays. This used to work on the Desktop client. It can be done on the iOS client using the All Song opti...

• Casual Listener
  • I can no longer play a folder of playlists on the Windows client. There is a Play button which changes to Pause when I click it, but nothing ever plays. This used to work on the Desktop client. It ca...
  • madusa
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify has to be restarted every few days.

Spotify stops being connected to the other computers every couple days and needs to be restarted on all computers to fix it. This is running on 4 machines and 1 account to control 1 music output. 1 user at a time will switch to their pc and then chan...

• Regular
  • Spotify stops being connected to the other computers every couple days and needs to be restarted on all computers to fix it.   This is running on 4 machines and 1 account to control 1 mus...
  • HetzeFetze
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

MY Spotify Windows app is not responding!!!

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate and when I turn on my computer, the Spotify app automatically opens. But if I close the app and reopen it, it gives me an error that it's not responding. Is something wrong with the app or isn't it compatible with Windows...

• Music Fan
  • I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate and when I turn on my computer, the Spotify app automatically opens. But if I close the app and reopen it, it gives me an error that it's not responding. Is something wro...
  • chixies
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Some tracks report as unavailable when spotify is not run as admin

When using the Spotify PC application some songs will report as not available if the application is not started using the administrator account. Full message: "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it". The ...

• Casual Listener
  • When using the Spotify PC application some songs will report as not available if the application is not started using the administrator account. Full message: "This song is not available. If you...
  • J-dre
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error en canción

Esta canción parece acabarse abruptamente:https://open.spotify.com/track/4pjcPUn5v9udDHFAxqknb7

• Casual Listener
  • Esta canción parece acabarse abruptamente: https://open.spotify.com/track/4pjcPUn5v9udDHFAxqknb7
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

ABOUT Random

Recently, when i am using Spotify to play my playlists randomly but it would only play the songs i added long time ago. it seldom play the recent songs which i had added to the playlist. is there any way that this situation could be fixed? because i ...

• Recently, when i am using Spotify to play my playlists randomly but it would only play the songs i added long time ago. it seldom play the recent songs which i had added to the playlist. is there any...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Your Music] A track with multiple artists is only saved to the first listed artist

I struggled a bit with the Subject for this topic, but my issue is that when there are multiple artists listed for a specific track and when I save that track to "Your Music" and then go to "Artists" the track is only listed under the first listed ar...

Capture.JPG Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG
  • Regular
  • I struggled a bit with the Subject for this topic, but my issue is that when there are multiple artists listed for a specific track and when I save that track to "Your Music" and then go to...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Local Files not showing up (Only 2 of them)

Hey, for some time now i can't update my Local Files or they are not getting updated. I even deactivated my sources and it still showed me 2 Songs. Nothing changes whatever i do. PLS HELP ME!!!

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   for some time now i can't update my Local Files or they are not getting updated. I even deactivated my sources and it still showed me 2 Songs. Nothing changes whatever i do. PLS HELP ME...
  • vica1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback switches to phone by itself

I would be listening to Spotify through the desktop app on my computer, and all of a sudden, the music would stop playing from my computer speakers and continue playing from my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6) instead. The switch occurs automatically, witho...

• I would be listening to Spotify through the desktop app on my computer, and all of a sudden, the music would stop playing from my computer speakers and continue playing from my phone (Samsung Galaxy ...
  • mdiamond93
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Doesn't detect local archives (each time less)

Tittle says all, doesn't detect local archives, each time i open it again, it detects less. GGWP.

• Tittle says all, doesn't detect local archives, each time i open it again, it detects less. GGWP.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to uninstall desktop application

I've tried to uninstall the spotify desktop application for win10 via the control panel and via preferences>system>apps. In both instances there was no visible reaction of the system to the command. So no error message or prompt. I've installed the p...

• I've tried to uninstall the spotify desktop application for win10 via the control panel and via preferences>system>apps. In both instances there was no visible reaction of the system to the com...
  • DennyEMufc
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes