Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! rearranging playlists

I can't rearrange songs in my playlist on my PC. I cannot drag and drop, I cannot sort by clicking the headers. The songs are NOT sorted, they are in the order I added them to the playlist. I've tried left clicking, right clicking, everything. When I...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't rearrange songs in my playlist on my PC.  I cannot drag and drop, I cannot sort by clicking the headers.  The songs are NOT sorted, they are in the order I added them to the playlis...
  • Travellur
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Personal Playlist Image

So I just recently noticed I can make the image on a personal play list my own rather than the songs covers. Now when I tried this, it said that the image has to be at 300 x 300 the thing is, the image was bigger than 300 x 300. It's not a deal break...

•     So I just recently noticed I can make the image on a personal play list my own rather than the songs covers. Now when I tried this, it said that the image has to be at 300 x 300 the thi...
  • Mattosaurus
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Imported music cant be played or removed from "my songs"

Hi everyone, a few days ago I added a song on my spotify(recieved via WhatsApp) and when I saw, the song cant be played and I cant remove it from the list, everytime the shuffle "plays" this song, my spotify app crashes, anybody knows how to remove t...

• Hi everyone, a few days ago I added a song on my spotify(recieved via WhatsApp) and when I saw, the song cant be played and I cant remove it from the list, everytime the shuffle "plays" this song, my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

open.spotify.com refused to connect

So a couple of days ago I downloaded the Spotify Desktop App. It works completly fine but when I try to open anything on Spotify Web it acts like there's no Internet Connection and the message "open.spotify.com refused to connect." appears. I uninsta...

• Casual Listener
  • So a couple of days ago I downloaded the Spotify Desktop App. It works completly fine but when I try to open anything on Spotify Web it acts like there's no Internet Connection and the message "open....
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

Volume inconsistent

I am on a desktop running Windows 7 and I am having an issue with the volume going up and down seemingly for different albums. I noticed this listening to my playlists at work and most songs play at a certain level but other songs(and generally the e...

• I am on a desktop running Windows 7 and I am having an issue with the volume going up and down seemingly for different albums. I noticed this listening to my playlists at work and most songs play at ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error 112 / Firewall / Proxy Settings???

This morning Spotify would not go online (I am obviously online), so I uninstalled/reinstalled, and now I cant get on at all. At Login, I get a red box which states: "A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. A...

• This morning Spotify would not go online (I am obviously online), so I uninstalled/reinstalled, and now I cant get on at all. At Login, I get a red box which states: "A firewall may be blocking Spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Only plays new songs?

So, I have a pretty big playlist full of different genres that I like to listen to. I put it on shuffle, but it only shuffles the latest handfull of songs that I added and won't shuffle in any older songs. I've even tried starting it on an older song...

• So, I have a pretty big playlist full of different genres that I like to listen to. I put it on shuffle, but it only shuffles the latest handfull of songs that I added and won't shuffle in any older ...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Error code 4?

Hi, I got this message when I tried to start Spotify this morning on my desktop (latest windows) but the message pops up: "No internet connection detected. Spotify will automatically try to reconnect when it detects an internet connection (error code...

• Hi,   I got this message when I tried to start Spotify this morning on my desktop (latest windows) but the message pops up: "No internet connection detected. Spotify will automatically try to ...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify shows "Can´t play current song" while playing, it appears on every song

Running Spotify Version "1.0.54.1079.g3809528e" on "Windows 10 X64"I double checked my bandwidth, i did reinstall the app, i formated my pc even and the message keeps showing.What should i do?Is really annoying. I'd really appreciate any help comment...

• Running Spotify Version "1.0.54.1079.g3809528e" on "Windows 10 X64" I double checked my bandwidth, i did reinstall the app, i formated my pc even and the message keeps showing. What should i do? I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Folder Play Order

Ever since the last update, I notice that when I shuffle play in any of my many folders, it automatically plays the first track in the first playlist. When I shuffle a playlist it works right or if I forward click after the first track in folder play...

• Music Fan
  •    Ever since the last update, I notice that when I shuffle play in any of my many folders, it automatically plays the first track in the first playlist. When I shuffle a playlist it works ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify closing immediately after opening

I've been a premium user for a few months now and use spotify every single day. Today it randomly stopped working and has been closing immediately after being opened. I have reinstalled it multiple times, rebooted my phone, cleared any cache and even...

• Visitor
  • I've been a premium user for a few months now and use spotify every single day. Today it randomly stopped working and has been closing immediately after being opened. I have reinstalled it multiple t...
  • Sebi-lu
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Favourite songs screen is stuck, tells me to go to "Browse"

I want to start cataloguing songs into playlists by genre. I tried to access them but this appears:I already have several favourited songs. If I double-click "Songs", it plays the same 3 songs, nothing else. Help?Thanks in advance.

• I want to start cataloguing songs into playlists by genre. I tried to access them but this appears: I already have several favourited songs. If I double-click "Songs", it plays the same 3 songs,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app for Windows 10 - Windows phones, Tablets, PC and Xbox One

This never used to happen but for the past week as soon as I open Spotify, my whole system freezes with 100% disc activity until I hard boot it. This doesn't happen if I don't open Spotify and it also doesn't happen if I reinstall spotify first but i...

• Regular
  • This never used to happen but for the past week as soon as I open Spotify, my whole system freezes with 100% disc activity until I hard boot it. This doesn't happen if I don't open Spotify and it als...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

No longer seeing Discover Weekly playlist

Hi, when I go to Browse, Discover tab, I just see Release Rader in "Playlists Made Just For You" where I used to see both Discover and Release. I can get to it via the web link ( https://www.spotify.com/discoverweekly/ ) but I never see it in the usu...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, when I go to Browse, Discover tab, I just see Release Rader in "Playlists Made Just For You" where I used to see both Discover and Release.     I can get to it via the web link ( http...
  • mwexler
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify randomly switches from Desktop to Phone

Sometimes when my PC and my phone are on the same network and I'm listening to music on my PC at work for example, suddenly Spotify randomly stops playing and starts playing on my phone through speakers, which is really annoying.Is there any way to p...

• Sometimes when my PC and my phone are on the same network and I'm listening to music on my PC at work for example, suddenly Spotify randomly stops playing and starts playing on my phone through speak...
  • xavanteros
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Windows
  • 17 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! Play music from PC and chromecast audio

Does anone know if it is possible to play music from a computer at the same time as i play from a chromecast audio? I have my main sound system connected to a computer, but i have speakers outside htat i want to connect to a chromecast device, and ha...

• Casual Listener
  • Does anone know if it is possible to play music from a computer at the same time as i play from a chromecast audio? I have my main sound system connected to a computer, but i have speakers outside ht...
  • ruipgv
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Disable Daily Mix - slow app start

Hi, my Spotify app has a really slow start.One of the reason is probably the Daily mixes's loading: when they were loaded all works properly.I don't use them and I want to deactivate their generation.It's possible? How? Thanks.I have Windows 10 64 bi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, my Spotify app has a really slow start. One of the reason is probably the Daily mixes's loading: when they were loaded all works properly. I don't use them and I want to deactivate their genera...
  • ruipgv
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When my money will return to me?

I'm living in Turkey. I bought spotify for pupil. But I'm study in High school. 6,99 TL withdrew from master card. When my money will return to me?

• Visitor
  • I'm living in Turkey. I bought spotify for pupil. But I'm study in High school. 6,99 TL withdrew from master card. When my money will return to me?
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle repeats the same order on repeat

Hi, I don't know if this is by design (seems weird if it is), but I have an issue with shuffle. Say I have a playlist with 5 songs in it, and I play it with both shuffle and repeat on. It will play the 5 songs in a random order, which is fine, but th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I don't know if this is by design (seems weird if it is), but I have an issue with shuffle. Say I have a playlist with 5 songs in it, and I play it with both shuffle and repeat on. It w...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Annoying "Re-install" after logging in to my computer or restarting computer etc.

So this small "problem" has been annoying me for a while... Usually always when i turn on my desktop(running Windows 10 Pro) or my laptop(running Windows 7 Professional) my Spotify desktop app shows a pop up window where it says that it is installing...

• So this small "problem" has been annoying me for a while...   Usually always when i turn on my desktop(running Windows 10 Pro) or my laptop(running Windows 7 Professional) my Spotify desktop a...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes