Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 25 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 25 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Problema com foto na busca

a foto que aparece na playlist da descoberta da semana que não sigo é do meu perfil antigo do facebook, com meu ex, preciso trocar essa foto e nao consigo como fazer?

• a foto que aparece na playlist da descoberta da semana que não sigo é do meu perfil antigo do facebook, com meu ex, preciso trocar essa foto e nao consigo como fazer?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Widget?! :D

Hello! Since idk, the last update? I'm not that observant of these things, I have seen a widget appearing in the top left corner of my computer as soon as I change song on my keyboard shortcuts.Is there a way to disable it or even make it always visi...

• Regular
  • Hello!   Since idk, the last update? I'm not that observant of these things, I have seen a widget appearing in the top left corner of my computer as soon as I change song on my keyboard shortc...
  • tommiesvedlund
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Nothing to look at

Is there anything equivalent to the "humming is fun" animation? I mean, yeah, the lyrics are gone, but you guys already had the visual stuff going on. I'd love to see some kind of animation, even if it's not synced with the music. Remember tuning int...

• Is there anything equivalent to the "humming is fun" animation? I mean, yeah, the lyrics are gone, but you guys already had the visual stuff going on. I'd love to see some kind of animation, even if ...
  • buh_hu
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

How to Reduce spotify CPU consumption

I have seen a few different ways people suggest like disconnecting facebook or unfollowing friends, but neither of those methods worked for me so I went around the app trying to figure out why it would be cause such a drain on my cpu. I found that an...

• Casual Listener
  • I have seen a few different ways people suggest like disconnecting facebook or unfollowing friends, but neither of those methods worked for me so I went around the app trying to figure out why it wou...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Folder Icons / Arrows on Right

Hi, believe I am supposed to report bugs here, and they will get raised by a superuser? I have recently arranged all my playlists in folders, and up until this weekend, the arrows which represent the state of the folder (collapsed / expanded) have be...

• Hi,  believe I am supposed to report bugs here, and they will get raised by a superuser?   I have recently arranged all my playlists in folders, and up until this weekend, the arrows whic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops responding when I open it

Every time I open spotify (dekstop app) it stops responding, so I close it, re open it and it still isn't responding, this happens for a bit until it works, is there a fix for this?

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I open spotify (dekstop app) it stops responding, so I close it, re open it and it still isn't responding, this happens for a bit until it works, is there a fix for this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Activity feed is not showing my friends' recently played songs

As I said in the title, my Friend Activity feed isn't showing my friends' recently played songs. I have a Windows OS and have my Spotify up to date. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling...

• As I said in the title, my Friend Activity feed isn't showing my friends' recently played songs. I have a Windows OS and have my Spotify up to date. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix thi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Windows] Desktop client "This song is not available..."

Greetings,Getting a "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." message with nearly every song played on a Windows 7 PC. Started getting the message after an update this afternoon was installed. Subsequently...

• Casual Listener
  • Greetings, Getting a "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." message with nearly every song played on a Windows 7 PC. Started getting the message after...
  • tidewater
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify em IPV6 no Brasil

Boa tarde Não consigo usar o spotify em rede Ipv6. Alguém no brasil consegiu?Estou com endereços Ipv6 em todos meus dispositivos. Acesso Google , Uol, Globo.com normalmente. mas quando vou ouvir spotify em Ipv6 ele fica off line . ou seja ele não esc...

• Boa tarde   Não consigo usar o spotify em rede Ipv6. Alguém no brasil consegiu? Estou com endereços Ipv6 em todos meus dispositivos. Acesso Google , Uol, Globo.com normalmente. mas quando vou...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Minor sound reduction when sound plays in other games

Hey all, When I play games alone (Skyrim, Elder Scrolls Online, Minecraft, Civilization) I usually listen to music at the same time. I've noticed that when any of these applications is making any noise, the volume output by Spotify is reduced very sl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all,     When I play games alone (Skyrim, Elder Scrolls Online, Minecraft, Civilization) I usually listen to music at the same time. I've noticed that when any of these applicatio...
  • JSalajka
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Good for music

i like the music you put on here i love it so much its like 5 stars *****

• i like the music you put on here i love it so much its like 5 stars *****
  • Catee
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Playable Songs Now Unplayable?

Well, today I went to play one of my favourite songs, Wish You Were Here, but on the album it was dark and didn't have the play button. 2 songs on the album were playable, but the rest were the same as Wish You Were Here, unplayable. These songs were...

• Well, today I went to play one of my favourite songs, Wish You Were Here, but on the album it was dark and didn't have the play button. 2 songs on the album were playable, but the rest were the same ...
  • ChristiaanGrit
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Song crossfade does not work

The option to crossfade songs is only working with shuffle mode. Is there any reason for this? I love crossfade because it makes listening to music one long stream of endless music instead of seperate songs. Even if the genre is compeletely different...

• Regular
  • The option to crossfade songs is only working with shuffle mode. Is there any reason for this? I love crossfade because it makes listening to music one long stream of endless music instead of seperat...
  • tomriddle
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify Mini Player Concept

So the Spotify app decided to update itself, but when I clicked the close button there was another tab that said it was aborting. The problem was that that tab is still there after a day. I tried closing it but it doesn't work.

• Regular
  • So the Spotify app decided to update itself, but when I clicked the close button there was another tab that said it was aborting. The problem was that that tab is still there after a day. I tried clo...
  • gareth8
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Where did icons go?

I liked those icons, I like visuals They were making the navigation easier. Now its just a green stick moving up and down :{ For what reason you guys wanted to remove all those icons... Also all other icons/buttons got smaller (it's harder to click y...

• Casual Listener
  • I liked those icons, I like visuals   😕   They were making the navigation easier. Now its just a green stick moving up and down :{   For what reason you guys wanted to remove all...
  • gareth8
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Album list disappeared

I signed in today and my list of saved albums is gone. If I search an artist, it still shows albums that I saved previously as saved. How do I get my album list back?

• I signed in today and my list of saved albums is gone. If I search an artist, it still shows albums that I saved previously as saved. How do I get my album list back?
  • Catee
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Allow the user to put playback buttons on the left side of the window

I'm not the biggest fan of the new U.I. in the new Spotify desktop version update, specifically how all the playback buttons were moved to the center of the window. I find it to be much more efficient to have the playback buttons at the left side of ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm not the biggest fan of the new U.I. in the new Spotify desktop version update, specifically how all the playback buttons were moved to the center of the window. I find it to be much more efficien...
  • Catee
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Audio from music video / songs cut off

So...I don't know whats happening, but I listen to Spotify on my PC and some of the songs seem to play the audio from the music video. What I mean by that is if there is something that happens in the video, like someone speaking before the song or so...

• Casual Listener
  • So... I don't know whats happening, but I listen to Spotify on my PC and some of the songs seem to play the audio from the music video. What I mean by that is if there is something that happens in t...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

App Login Failed

So I was trying to log into the app on my PC but it tells me my password is wrong. If I login to spotfiy on the normal website it works perfectly fine. Any fix to this?

• Visitor
  • So I was trying to log into the app on my PC but it tells me my password is wrong. If I login to spotfiy on the normal website it works perfectly fine. Any fix to this?
  • HLo
  • 18 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 18 replies
  • 1 likes

64 Bit Version on Windows soon?

Is there going to be an 64 Bit version for Windows any time soon?

• Is there going to be an 64 Bit version for Windows any time soon?
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes