Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing

Spotify stops playing

Premium account on a windows 7 pc. Spotify randomly stops playing, only started happening over the last few days. I searched and saw threads concerning this with phones, but not on desktops.

Will resume immediately after hitting the play button again. But that's hardly good enough.

Any clues?

4 Replies

Hey @runman,

What version of the client are you running at the moment? Did you recently install an update by any chance?

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for response Maurice

Spotify auto updated just today as it opened to...... 1.0.60.492.gbb40dab8

but alas it will still just stop randomely.

It could very well be that something went wrong with the auto update. Have you tried a clean reinstall?

Note: After deleting the client, make sure there are no files left in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Spotify before installing it again!

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Tried clean install Maurice as per instructions (actually deleted all folders in Spotify app data) and the second track I played stopped twice. So no go I'm afraid. 

I also installed the spotify app on my phone just yesterday to see if I could use that instead through Media player input in my amp, but that did the same thing, this defies understanding, same thing with two unassociated devices. 

Does Spotify just not work anymore?

Suggested posts