Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Friend feed not showing my friends

I previously had a problem where my Friend Feed didn't load at all and today Spotify Support helped me to change to account where Friend Feed was working just fine at the start. I'm using Facebook linked profile and I think this new problem started a...

• I previously had a problem where my Friend Feed didn't load at all and today Spotify Support helped me to change to account where Friend Feed was working just fine at the start. I'm using Facebook li...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Start playing music on desktop app, then randomly will play from phone instead.

As the lengthy title states, the Spotify player is behaving strangely. I start playing music on my desktop computer (Windows 7). Then, randomly, it'll start playing the music on my android phone (Nougat)! Sometimes it'll play from both computer and p...

• Regular
  • As the lengthy title states, the Spotify player is behaving strangely. I start playing music on my desktop computer (Windows 7). Then, randomly, it'll start playing the music on my android phone (Nou...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

2 issues

First issue is that nobody can find my account on spotify or any of my playlists. Second issue is that when I close out of Spotify the border remains. sometimes when I click on things in the app nothing happens i have to click on them multiple times....

• First issue is that nobody can find my account on spotify or any of my playlists.  Second issue is that when I close out of Spotify the border remains. sometimes when I click on things in the a...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Danish s*x toy ad on Spotify!?

Dear Spotify, Don't distribute s*x toy ads, not even if the account's age is 18+. I don't need to explain why. Just remove them.(The specific ad I'm talking about is from "Orion-erotik") Thanks in advance.Simon.

• Regular
  • Dear Spotify,   Don't distribute s*x toy ads, not even if the account's age is 18+.  I don't need to explain why. Just remove them. (The specific ad I'm talking about is from "Orion-ero...
  • Erika
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

deleting & hiding local files

how do you delete local files from a source you opened and can you hide songs from local files while showing others from another source

• Casual Listener
  • how do you delete local files from a source you opened and can you hide songs from local files while showing others from another source
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

Haha, thats funny, decided to take a look in here once again and found your message right on the bottom. turns out that the comment was made by ME. I just tried to access it via my profile and got a "The message you are trying to access is not availa...

• Music Fan
  • Haha, thats funny, decided to take a look in here once again and found your message right on the bottom. turns out that the comment was made by ME.   I just tried to access it via my profile a...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

As far as I know Deezer is the only one that has anything social. I had just left Deezer because they really hadn't done any other development on social in the 1+ year I was there and swithed to a family subscription on Spotify for about a week when ...

• Music Fan
  • As far as I know Deezer is the only one that has anything social. I had just left Deezer because they really hadn't done any other development on social in the 1+ year I was there and swithed to&nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

I made a screenshot of the deleted message:

• Regular
  • I made a screenshot of the deleted message:
  • 0 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 16 likes

@ luceiia So I didn't imagine they'd deleted that comment!Spotify - as removing social features is such a leap forward for your product, why do you fear competitors that still have such a laughably old-fashioned function?

• Roadie
  • @ luceiia So I didn't imagine they'd deleted that comment! Spotify - as removing social features is such a leap forward for your product, why do you fear competitors that still have such a laughably...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

So what alternate service offers similar social funtionality? After being ignored here and on Twitter, I'm ready to jump ship myself.

• Music Fan
  • So what alternate service offers similar social funtionality? After being ignored here and on Twitter, I'm ready to jump ship myself. 
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Initial Load Time Unacceptable (Windows Desktop)

Simple fact. If I am struck by an urge to listen to a specific song, waiting for the Windows Desktop App has become a painfully slow experience. It is MUCH quicker for me to open a web browser, hop on youtube, do a search, rifle through results, and ...

• Simple fact. If I am struck by an urge to listen to a specific song, waiting for the Windows Desktop App has become a painfully slow experience. It is MUCH quicker for me to open a web brow...
  • Gerrie1
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Artist Info / Discovered on ... playlist reset or removed

I'm looking at the artist info alot, always checking the playlist that the artist was discovered on. Today i noticed that some playlists were removed on the info tab. Is this info resetted once a month or so, or how does it work? For example this cze...

• Community Legend
  • I'm looking at the artist info alot, always checking the playlist that the artist was discovered on. Today i noticed that some playlists were removed on the info tab. Is this info resetted once a mon...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Folders not syncing between devices

Spoiler (Highlight to read)This is the folder directory on my pcThis is the folder directory on my pc Spoiler (Highlight to read)(pt2)(pt2)Spoiler (Highlight to read)This is the folder directory on my phone (pt1)This is the folder directory on my pho...

Capture.JPG sp2.JPG sp.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • This is the folder directory on my pc     (pt2) This is the folder directory on my phone (pt1) As you can see, the first screenshot shows a few normal playlist outside of the folde...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't uninstall spotify

I am unable to uninstall spotify. When I try to unistall from control panel it says I have insufficient access to uninstall. Please help me.

• Regular
  • I am unable to uninstall spotify. When I try to unistall from control panel it says I have insufficient access to uninstall. Please help me.
  • zillzack123
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Windows App on the Fritz

When I start playing any playlist (my own or Spotify curated) the currently playing song skips around every second or so as if it's doing some kind of scan/seek. No audio plays. Same for any playlist and same when restarting the app. This behavior st...

• Regular
  • When I start playing any playlist (my own or Spotify curated) the currently playing song skips around every second or so as if it's doing some kind of scan/seek. No audio plays. Same for any playlist...
  • thnk2wn
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I got Virus

I downloaded spotify for Desktop, Windows and the antivirus alerted me about Trojan

• I downloaded spotify for Desktop, Windows and the antivirus alerted me about Trojan
  • oldFakebooker
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

So we finally have a Filter option in the Saved Albums section

But why oh why it only filters by album names and doesn't show me all the albums saved by an artist if I type in the artist name. Boggles my mind.

• Casual Listener
  • But why oh why it only filters by album names and doesn't show me all the albums saved by an artist if I type in the artist name. Boggles my mind.
  • cezfez
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

automatically Changes

Hey,For a few weeks I have a little problem.If I use spotify on my computer, spotfy stopped playing music sometimes and play it on my android smartphone.What can I do?

• Hey, For a few weeks I have a little problem. If I use spotify on my computer, spotfy stopped playing music sometimes and play it on my android smartphone. What can I do?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast help

I am currently listening to the nosleep podcast on my phone, but am trying to listen to it on my computer. I cannot find it anywhere online on my computer using spotify but have no problem finding it on my phone.

• I am currently listening to the nosleep podcast on my phone, but am trying to listen to it on my computer. I cannot find it anywhere online on my computer using spotify but have no problem finding it...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! auto start spotify

when i start up my computer it automatically starts spotify. Does anyone knon how to disable this?

• Casual Listener
  • when i start up my computer it automatically starts spotify. Does anyone knon how to disable this?    
  • jkss
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes