Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify being slow and having lags

Spotify being slow and having lags

Dear Spotify Community,

It has been a long while since I have posted here... so here I am again :D.

After the latest interface update my Spotify has turned (very) slow. I have no idea why it turned so slow. I am currently running Windows 10, but also with Windows 7 it ran slow. I have like 3 huge playlists with a total amount of ~23.000 tracks + some other playlists = ~25.000. Before the interface update this amount of tracks didnt cause any slowness. Therefore as an user, I can conclude that this amount of tracks isnt the cause but something else is, instead.

Wondering what the situation is... Thanks in advance for your help.

Yours faithfully,

Bb

(PS: I have also been wondering, what does the hardware improvement option do? Either way, when it is on or off Spotify is still slow.)

12 Replies

@user-removed

I suggest you try a clean reinstall and see if this helps, This usually fixes most problems 🙂

Note: This will remove any saved offline tracks and cache 🙂

Hey,

Thank you for getting back to me. I have reinstalled Spotify and signed back in and all my stuff are at it's place :).

I have given it a go and I feel that the issue did not really had a solve. I feel the lag when deleting or adding a track is still there, this occurs when I am with my screen currently in one of my huge 3 playlists. Also Spotify has to keep re-reading the contents of the playlists (the 3 huge ones) when I open them. Therefore sometimes it gets stuck or it takes up to 10 seconds for my playlist to appear. (This all probably due to the massive amount of numbers in those playlists, but it should be compatible if a playlist can have 9.999 tracks right?)

Is there more help you can provide and is this issue familiar with you guys?

Kind regards,

Bb

@user-removed

Mmm May I ask what hardware your running on? (OS/Device/RAM/CPU/Integrated graphics or dedicated graphics?)

Personal Computer

Windows 10 Pro (updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but also on Windows 7 with the same PC it was slow after the interface update)

Intel Core i7

CPU 950  

3.07GHz

3068 MHz

3,0 GB RAM

NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (this means I have dedicated graphics, right?)

4 core

8 logical(?) processor(s)

Got this all from the systemconfiguration menu, if something is missing, please do let me know. 

Hey, been a few weeks ago, but is there something more you can provide? If there isn't - I'll have to live with it. Thank you.

--bump--

--bump--

---another bump---

--bump--

This can be a connection problem. Please check if there are known problems with your internet provider. Maybe you can do a speedtest using www.speedtest.net and post the result here.
Kind regards,
Felix

-- Please mark as solution and/or add kudos if it helped you --

Thank you for your reply.

Though I have to say that I dont think it is a problem with my internet connection. That Spotify is a bit buggied** when you have massive playlists cant/shouldnt be an issue regarding internet but more like PC <-> Spotify related. However, I have still done the test you've asked for and the results are as following: 20 ping; 7,42 DS; 0,74 US. Also I cant believe it is a RAM issue with my PC, even when I only run Spoify alone on PC, it still acts buggied. 

(**buggied: referring you to my first post in this thread)

Addition/further explanation: When scrolling/searching through my huge playlists, Spotify is having a hard time loading up the content and keeps re-loading when I scroll up/down again. Also adding/deleting a track to/of one of my HUGE playlists takes like up to 30 seconds. Flashing / turning invisible tracks in HUGE playlists for like 20 seconds. Not being able to use mouse (clicks) in Spotify for like 20 seconds during one of those mentioned situations above.

The new project centennial app UI is also slow to respond. Wondering if it has something to do with the UWP virtual container. The UI element response time needs to be improved. Scrolling an on-button press responses are slow. scrolling lags up to more than 1 second per swipe and button response times also lag more than 1 second.  Response times should be preferably be less than 0,1 second respond times. See also this feedback spotify link: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Ideas-for-improving-Spotify-on-Windows-10-june-2017/id...

Suggested posts