Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Unable to view artist.

Solved!

Unable to view artist.

Artist is "Rude." bug applies to any song, for instance, "Eternal Youth", web link works fine. Whenever I'm trying to look for songs of this artist, if I then click on his name in the table (or rightclick > Go to Artist), I get "Something went wrong" error. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The web version works completely fine of course. And I'm at work, so networking changes are not possible.

It seems that there was a rollout of a new about page for artists. It's really slick looking, but it seems that some artists pages were innaccessible until the update was made for them. Now everything it working fine. It was a minor inconvenience, but it would be nice to have a little more communication beforehand so that it doesn't feel like Spotify is completely falling apart. Also, it seems a little weird to do this on Friday when new music is coming out.

Like I said, everything's fine now, but would love to have a little more communication about maintenance being done. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: And now it seems to be happening randomly. I can click on the same artists twice in a row, and sometimes it will error and sometimes it will load. I guess I'll just be patient until this little whirlwind is over with.

EDIT 2: Since this has become the answer, I wanted to update to say that everything seems to be working fine now. Looks like the whirlwind is over!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @Noobgam

As it seems to be a problem you get in your Spotify app, I'd recommend reinstalling Spotify. Sometimes programs may develop little issues like that, reinstall is often the best way out. 🙂

For Windows desktop app do this:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.

2. Go to %AppData% in the file explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Now you can reinstall Spotify.

For Spotify on other platforms, follow this article

Hope that helps! 🙂

Alright. So I'm having the same issue startging about an hour ago. Most artists I click on just give a "Something went wrong" error page. I can access my playlists and play my music just fine, but most artists pages are failing for me.

I tried your suggestion and uninstalled Spotify (including deleting the AppData\Spotify folder), however it did nothing but get rid of my settings. Still having the same issue.

I've also noticed that band pictures on their about pages are not loading. That's been happening for about two or three days now. I'm not sure if that's connected at all, but also very strange and annoying.

There's got to be another solution to fix this issue.

Quick edit: I just tested the Brand New page. It works for some reason, and the About page is working, but looks like it's been updated with a new layout. Could this be a new feature rollout that's messing up some artists pages?

Tested Working:
- Brand New

- Dream Wife

Tested Not Working:

- Nils Frahm

- For All Seasons

@hmhrex

That's not nice!

Can you open the Spotify web player? Is the spotify.com website also functional for you?

I would try restarting the router (unplug for about a minute or so, and replug, or restart from its website/console). Maybe network traffic hangs in some reason.

You can also try resetting your network adapter. Here's the guide.

Let me know what happens! 🙂

Marked as solution

The web version works completely fine of course. And I'm at work, so networking changes are not possible.

It seems that there was a rollout of a new about page for artists. It's really slick looking, but it seems that some artists pages were innaccessible until the update was made for them. Now everything it working fine. It was a minor inconvenience, but it would be nice to have a little more communication beforehand so that it doesn't feel like Spotify is completely falling apart. Also, it seems a little weird to do this on Friday when new music is coming out.

Like I said, everything's fine now, but would love to have a little more communication about maintenance being done. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: And now it seems to be happening randomly. I can click on the same artists twice in a row, and sometimes it will error and sometimes it will load. I guess I'll just be patient until this little whirlwind is over with.

EDIT 2: Since this has become the answer, I wanted to update to say that everything seems to be working fine now. Looks like the whirlwind is over!

Suggested posts