Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Uninstalled Spotify and now it is taking forever to download. (Windows 8)

Solved!

Uninstalled Spotify and now it is taking forever to download. (Windows 8)

Hello,

I have a premium account on Spotify, which has been great since the beginning of the year.

I use it on both my computer and my phone.

After the update I had issues with Spotify on Windows 8. It kept saying it was offline when I was online etc.

I tried the different suggestions I found in the help section (like checking too see if offline mode was checked) and when those did not work followed the advise to uninstall and reinstall spotify.

Well, I did that several hours ago, and spotify installer is still saying "Downloading Spotify"

Anyone got any idea what the issue may be and can help me?

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, turns out the problem was with my computer.

I started having problems with other programmes, so I did a system restore, and now spotify has downloaded fine.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

After looking around at some other forums, it looks like you're not the only one that has had this issue. Check out this discussion: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Windows-8-not-downloading/td-p/195344

It's a little old, but is discussing Windows 8, so it should apply. If you want a shortcut, try using the download link http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe

Hope that helps!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Now I am having issues aborting my current install. I will restart my computer and then try your link.

Thanks.

Marked as solution

Ok, turns out the problem was with my computer.

I started having problems with other programmes, so I did a system restore, and now spotify has downloaded fine.

Cannot download Spotify on my phone , a nexus 4 can anyone help

Suggested posts