Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unknown song loaded on startup

Solved!

Unknown song loaded on startup

When I boot my computer and spotify starts up, it starts with an unknown song, not remembering what it was I was actually listening to last time.  It's a seemingly random song that I've definitely never intentionally listened to on spotify, with the scrub bar already some part ways through it, as if I hadn't finished listening to it before.  It's pretty weird, but also irritating as I'm trying to get through a very long, completely unrelated album and I lose my place when this happens.

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Windows 10 desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I caught the problem happening!  I saw that someone was listening to something right then and there on the chrome web player.  I guess my account was compromised, but it doesn't make any sense to me why someone would steal my free spotify account that has no payment information or anything.  They didn't even steal it, they were just listening to random music under my account from time to time.  This seems more like some wires got crossed within the spotify back system somewhere.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Still having this issue.  I've also found that my recently played history list has songs I've never listened to aswell.

Marked as solution

I caught the problem happening!  I saw that someone was listening to something right then and there on the chrome web player.  I guess my account was compromised, but it doesn't make any sense to me why someone would steal my free spotify account that has no payment information or anything.  They didn't even steal it, they were just listening to random music under my account from time to time.  This seems more like some wires got crossed within the spotify back system somewhere.

Suggested posts