Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Galaxy S20 and a Windows Desktop

Operating System

Android 11 and Windows 10

My issue is that If I am listening to a playlist created by the Blend function, only me and the person whom I blended with can see my activities on our Friends Activities feed, not sure if this is how it's meant to work, but I don't think so, since it's just another auto-updating playlist like a Daily Mix or the On Repeat playlist, and I know that those show up on Friend Activity feed, and indeed it makes sense for them to show up on the feed.

I did see that a sort of similar topic was created in here, but it's actually a different issue, which I thought was pretty odd. In his case, the song is showing up but without the playlist, just like it does when you are listening to a private playlist. But in my case, neither me nor my friend whom I created the Blend with are showing up on our followers' Friends Activities feed, only I can see her on my feed and only her can see me on her feed. If we listen to different playlists everyone can see us normally. And just to confirm: both of us do have our "Share my listening activity on Spotify" option active.

So my question is: is that how it is supposed to work for some reason or is it actually an issue? I am assuming/hoping it's an issue! Thank you! 😃

And just as a feedback: other than this problem, the Blend function is amazing, absolutely nothing else to complain about for now!

4 Replies

Hey there @joaobaran

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community.

We can confirm that the Blend feature is still in its testing phase. So it's possible that you might see something on the app other users don’t, or that availability and scope of certain functionalities change over time.

We appreciate your understanding on the matter and recommend that you keep the app up to date with the latest version to make use of all fixes and improvements available. 

If you have any questions, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey! Thanks for the answer, so for now this behaviour I described isn't a bug? Like, I know it's on testing phase, but by design, is it meant to not show on the feed? Thanks 🙂

I just wanted to also chime in and say this exact same issue  happens to me. However, the user and I follow each other on Spotify, but their listening activity disappears for me when they listen to our blend playlist. I noticed in the Desktop app of Spotify it displays "Follow" even though I we both follow each other. This is confirmed when I look at the mobile app, it shows "Following". So I think the bug here is that the following feature in general is broken on Desktop, which causes the Blend playlist to be broken since only you and the blend user should be able to view it.

brandon__bauer_0-1630855951216.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies.

We're afraid we don't have further info right now about how Blend playlists interact with your Friend Activity, but we'll make sure to pass your feedback on to the relevant teams.

@brandon__bauer, if what you're mentioning about the Follow button is having an impact in other content in the Friend Activity section apart from Blend, make sure to start a new thread in the relevant Help board and we'll gladly give you a hand with it.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts