Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Video not working on Windows app or in browser (works fine on Android)

Video not working on Windows app or in browser (works fine on Android)

Plan

Premium

Country

Slovenia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Videos won't load in Windows app or in any browser, it starts loading but never loads and after a second or two it just stops. Music works fine. I've tried different browser, no difference. Interestingly enough everything works fine in Android app.

23 Replies

Hi @Kiril,

Thanks for your reply. I'm experiencing this issue on desktop, actually. I haven't tried this on mobile, largely because I'm out of space on my device (as you cautioned about).

I looked in settings on the desktop app (Mac) but I never found anything about video and downloads. But this seems to be the bug--video works great until you download for later watching/listening.

Hey again @dooglio,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop here!

It's good that you've clarified that you wanted to do this on your desktop client. We can confirm that for now this is expected behavior and that watching video content of podcasts offline should be available only for mobile devices - in the regions where podcasts are available.

We really appreciate your time and effort reporting this with us, but we're not aware if this situation will change anytime soon. We're always aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue to use Spotify and find it gets better in the future. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi again Kiril,

Ah, so it's not a bug. Got it, expected behavior. Well, I'd like to ask for a feature: preserve videos when downloaded for later viewing on desktop/laptop.

For example, I wanted to watch the interviews on a plane with no Internet options. I had audio only, which worked, but sometimes they put up references on the screen that you can't see audio only (obviously).

Anyway, thanks again for your response!

Hi @dooglio,

Thank you for keeping in touch. 

We completely agree that such a feature to download podcast's videos would be very useful. In this case, we recommend searching in our Ideas board to see if someone else has already suggested that so you can add your vote. If there aren't any ideas about it, you can add your own so others can then vote for it or add to the conversation to show their support. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this article.

You can also read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts