Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume Slider Glitch

Volume Slider Glitch

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

In the Desktop app for Spotify, when I slide the volume adjuster with my mouse, the slider will slightly lag behind my cursor when adjusting, which isn't a huge issue, just annoying. I've seen people asking for solutions but never found one, and wondering if you actually can fix it. 

3 Replies

Hey there @Cucukamba_Mcgee

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

i removed my spotify app off my phone. i updated my iOS on my laptop. I am still having the slider go to zero, what the heck

Hi @mikemantx,

Welcome to the Community!

We're currently looking into this and you'll find the latest news on this issue in the Status Update here.

As a workaround, you can check out how to use keyboard shortcuts to control the volume or try using our web player for now.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else you need help with in the meantime!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts