Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume bar larger in Desktop app

Solved!

Volume bar larger in Desktop app

On a Windows machine and the Spotify app, can the volume bar just be a little bigger, so that is is easier to control the music sound (and percentage increase) by mouse? (instead of the current small bar)

There is plently of space in the bar...

Spotify_Suggestion.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @kiddingguy and @DJ-Mouse,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

If you think this is something you'd like to see in the desktop app, we'd recommend taking a look in our Ideas Exchange to add your feedback here

If you'd like more information on how ideas get implemented, make sure to head here

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Totally agree. Way too small. Especially when linking to a larger system the volume jumps are far too big.

Please enlarge the volume bar. Seems an easy fix.

1,5 years later and still no improvement.

How hard can it be to run some UX-experiments to see that this small bar isn't doing any good....

The screensizes are mostly 1680x or even 1900x, which means that this tiny small bar with button is way to small to use a mouse/mousepad for adjusting sound volume.

Marked as solution

Hey there @kiddingguy and @DJ-Mouse,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

If you think this is something you'd like to see in the desktop app, we'd recommend taking a look in our Ideas Exchange to add your feedback here

If you'd like more information on how ideas get implemented, make sure to head here

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

I posted the idea: suggestion to bigger slider 

Hey again @kiddingguy,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and sharing the link here!

This should be helpful to other users who come across this thread with a similar question 🙂

Let us know if you have any questions, we'll be ...

spotify:track:7vqUr6K2Js9Paq4kdNSOm6 

KaterinaModerator

Hi Spotify,

There would be clear value to your customers since it is challenging to increase or decrease the volume as a result of the comparatively small area of the screen that you dedicate to the volume control slider. i.e 16% of the screen size.

Can you advise if this is on your Product Development Roadmap for either 2020 or 2021  

Regards

Peter

Why is this marked as a solution?

Just like the idea of mine.

And yes, a simple A/B-test will do the trick. Screen resolutions of 1920x and larger are more common every day. This very small slider can be bigger and, thus, more adjustable and precise to slide to the right loudness percentage.

I wholeheartedly agree - please make the tiny volume slider bigger!

So annoying how it doesn't matter how big you make the window, the volume slider stays tiny but the song position slider gets bigger. It's so hard to get a good volume level with it!

hi
Clearly, Spotify is not willing to address this very annoying problem for subscribers who, like me, also use the application on a computer.
However, there are a significant number of contributors who point out this problem in this forum, but taken separately, their reports do not meet the quorum required for consideration by the Spotify development team.
It's a pity, as the application is otherwise really nice.
Maybe a lead for some: I use a speaker that allows me to set the minimum and maximum volume on the app, it seems to affect (a bit) the volume control in Spotify on the computer but it's not great and won't replace a real change in the interface.
Regards
Marked as solution

Go here to vote for this idea. Let's make it happen!!!

Links to the idea page on this thread seem dead. I've created a new one. Please vote! https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Larger-volume-slider/idi-p/5584795

Suggested posts