Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Larger volume slider on desktop app (ONE topic please to combine all kudos)

Larger volume slider on desktop app (ONE topic please to combine all kudos)

On the Windows desktop version, make the volume slider bigger.

The screen/UI is large enough and it would we quite handy as to adjust the volume in an easy way. More or like the Windows 10 sound bar, to easily adjust/slide the volume.

And I think most screen resolutions are 1600x or 1920x pixels, so there is room enough for all other Spotify information, playlist info and played songs.

Or make the current bar a wider, so that the volume level van better be pinpointed.

There are, as @Phil68 mentioned, several threats (like this one and these) on this issue. Let's combine ALL of them into this one, so that enhough kudos are reached and this thingy get fixed once and for all.

6 Replies

Hey @kiddingguy, thanks for your suggestion! I just wanted to note that the best way to post something like this would be to create a new idea from this page, and then other users will be able to vote and comment on it. If it receives enough likes, it will then be brought up for discussion with the Spotify team. More info on the full process can be found here.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

thanks to all contributors

I bring two screenshots to clarify my case. I have the Spotify application running on my Windows 10 Pro PC and I am alternately listening to my music from two sound sources: either on a wireless speaker (Spotify volume slider on sound box .JPG) or on the PC itself (Spotify volume slider on desktop.JPG).
The screenshots show the settings I need to apply for each source in order to have roughly the same sound level in the room I'm teleworking in. You'll notice that, in the case of the wireless speaker, the slider's range is exceedingly small.
It is very difficult, if not impossible, to adjust the sound properly without muting it. There should be a specific slider across the entire width in the case of low sound volumes.

Spotify volume slider on desktop.JPG
Spotify volume slider on sound box .JPG

@Spotify.....this became a topic of conversation over dinner with my family......since all of us are Spotify users we can't believe why Spotify is being so slow at fixing an obvious issue......we put to it down to cost and the reality is that we are all customers!! - Please do give an insight when it will be fixed

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll be sure to pass this on to the right folks.

We can't say if this will be implemented, but you can have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

You can also check this Spotify Answer to get to know more about how your feedback will reach Spotify. 

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@novy

On several threads in the 'Idea Exchange' has this issue/suggestion been mentioned.

On each, separate, case this has been closed down due to inactivity or enough kudos.

This is getting annoying!! Each attempt from the community to alter this slider is either blocked, rejected, not 'popular' enough or on different threats (and therefore in each topic too little kudos).

What can be done to, once and for all, tackle this issue and have the slider bigger?

On a 1980x or 1600x screen the slider itself is too small and practically non (small) adjustments can be made by mouse/touchpad.

Seems to me like Spotify just don't care about its users and their input!

Links to the idea page on this thread seem dead. I've created a new one. Please vote! https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Larger-volume-slider/idi-p/5584795

Suggested posts