Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

WILL NOT PLAY ANY MUSIC

Solved!

WILL NOT PLAY ANY MUSIC

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

U.S.A.

Device- TOSHIBA LAPTOP COMPUTER

Operating System- WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM

My Question or Issue- Problem just started today.  I did not make any changes to computer before problem started.  I cannot get anything to come up on the player & it looks like the webpage is not displaying as it has been.  I believe I could see a "profile" button at top right of webpage & now do not see that.  I have cleared computer cache and cookies  & have signed into the website using  an incognito window with same results.  I use Mozilla Firefox (up to date), and just did a refresh of the Browser.  I do not want to install the app on the computer.  I'd like to know what I could try.

Thanks

open.spotify.com (2).png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @hgw53t.

Good to know the firewall settings fixed the issue. It's likely the issue was happening because the connection to Spotify was being blocked.

If you need help with anything else, don't hesitate to let us know!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @hgw53t, welcome to the Community!

Are you on a home or office network? If you're on an office network, ask the IT department to see if there are any restrictions for Spotify on the network.

If you're on a home network, you'll be able to see if you have any restrictions set for Spotify from your firewall settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi- I am on a home (private) Windows Firewall Network.  Like I said before, I have been on Spotify over 500-times & this had never happened before.  I changed Firewall settings & music plays alright since then.  Why?

Marked as solution

Hey @hgw53t.

Good to know the firewall settings fixed the issue. It's likely the issue was happening because the connection to Spotify was being blocked.

If you need help with anything else, don't hesitate to let us know!

Suggested posts