Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • dakster
  • 70 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 70 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Artwork and artist/track name freezing after an ad plays

PlanFreeCountry USADeviceWindow desktopOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or Issue Playback freezes after ad. I cannot skip to the next song or start another playlist. I have restarted machine and reinstalled the app with no improvement.

• Plan Free Country  USA Device Window desktop Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue  Playback freezes after ad. I cannot skip to the next song or start another pla...
  • tomatounit
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify pulando as musicas.

Spotify UsernameAlberto GaloniPlanPremiumCountryBrazil DeviceDesktop DellOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Meu spotify fica pulando musicas aleatoriamente quando eu saio da tela do app.Já vi que poderia ser uma problema por ter dois dri...

• Spotify Username Alberto Galoni Plan Premium Country Brazil  Device Desktop Dell Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Meu spotify fica pulando musicas aleato...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Community Avatar

Is there a way to change my Spotify Community avatar to an uploaded picture of my own and not one already provided?

• Gig Goer
  • Is there a way to change my Spotify Community avatar to an uploaded picture of my own and not one already provided?
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Bugreport: Loudspeaker icon not moving to next/prev song

Clicking on next or previous playes the next song, but the loudspeaker icon (and green font) idicating the currently played song is not changing. Going to the next song then hitting pause hides the loudspeaker icon, hitting play again makes the icon ...

• Clicking on next or previous playes the next song, but the loudspeaker icon (and green font) idicating the currently played song is not changing. Going to the next song then hitting pause hides the l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Ads/Videos

PlanFreeCountry USA DeviceNextbook 11A tablet pcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue This has been an issue for quite some time and I'm noticing it more and more as ads become videos instead of just audio. The ads and some music videos eve...

• Plan Free Country  USA   Device Nextbook 11A tablet pc Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  This has been an issue for quite some time and I'm noticing i...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to set Shuffle as default on SPotify app (Android)

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceAndroid (OnePlus5)Operating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or IssueHi! Recently I noticed that Spotify turns shuffle off everytime I open a new playlist. I find this very irritating seeing as I almost always listen t...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Android (OnePlus5) Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue Hi!   Recently I noticed that Spotify turns shuffle off everytime I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

LastFM scrobbling not working anymore after update

hi, even though lastFM is connected (no need to repeat this, I checked, it is connected), LastFM stopped scrobbling. I can see the Spotify track being played on LastFM, but when it gets to the end its not scrobbled.any chance you will fix this soon?

• Gig Goer
  • hi,   even though lastFM is connected (no need to repeat this, I checked, it is connected), LastFM stopped scrobbling. I can see the Spotify track being played on LastFM, but when it gets to t...
  • ganomi
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 12 likes

General dissatisfaction about functionality of the spotify application

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceDesktop (Windows 10) & Samsung S5My Question or IssueOver the years I have become increasingly dissatisfied with the technical functionalities available in Spotify. Primarily, saving songs/album on either your deskt...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Desktop (Windows 10) & Samsung S5 My Question or Issue Over the years I have become increasingly dissatisfied with the technical functionalities ava...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

can't play the current song - win 10 / part 2

I'm constantly getting this error message: "can't play the current song " and the Win10 app is not moving to the next song. I have to click on the "next song" button to continue listennig. This happens only on my Win 10 PC (with Spotify app installed...

• Music Fan
  • I'm constantly getting this error message: "can't play the current song " and the Win10 app is not moving to the next song.  I have to click on the "next song" button to continue listennig. This...
  • IanWillis
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't rate songs

PlanPremiumCountrySweden DevicePCOperating SystemWin7 x64 My Question or IssueCan't rate the songs I like. Why do they have to be on radio=someone else's playlist to rate them? I'm an active user and seek out songs from ANY source. If they are good I...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden  Device PC Operating System Win7 x64   My Question or Issue Can't rate the songs I like. Why do they have to be on radio=someone else's playlist to rat...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Can't connect shazam to spotify

Hello, I cannot connect shazam to spotify, the option "Connect" on Shazam settings is doesn't appear.

• Hello, I cannot connect shazam to spotify, the option "Connect" on Shazam settings is doesn't appear.  
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Low quality with premium on android

Hello, I have Samsung note 5 and I recently upgraded to premium but the quality is bad. I manage to hear great quality on my pc but on the phone, it is just bad. I have all the settings to the highest quality, checked the equalizer, tried with a few ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  I have Samsung note 5 and I recently upgraded to premium but the quality is bad. I manage to hear great quality on my pc but on the phone, it is just bad. I have all the settings to the...
  • yk3
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to find liked songs?

How do I find the songs I have liked? When I have heard a song I've liked in Discover Weekly, I have clicked like, expecting to find a list of liked songs later. I see this question has been asked before, but I can't find an answer.

• Regular
  • How do I find the songs I have liked? When I have heard a song I've liked in Discover Weekly, I have clicked like, expecting to find a list of liked songs later. I see this question has been asked be...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 17 replies
  • 27 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 27 likes

Popular Playlists not appearing on web player

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or Issue Logged in to the web player on windows desktop today. Normally I go to the Genre/Moods tab and when I select the genre i want the first options are the "Popular P...

• Plan Premium Country  Canada Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue  Logged in to the web player on windows desktop today. Normally I go to the G...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution RickGroeneweg98

Hi, I'm getting errors when playing local files in a playlist. I've manually added some .MP3 files in my 'C:\users\music' directory and imported this from Spotify. The .MP3 files work (encoded properly, not corrupt). These tracks won't play in a play...

• Hi,   I'm getting errors when playing local files in a playlist. I've manually added some .MP3 files in my 'C:\users\music' directory and imported this from Spotify. The .MP3 files work (encod...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution NEW RELEASES don't update

Hello, i suscribe for few weeks and i see that new release section not update for new music, why it that?(check in desktop and anodrd and web player)

• Roadie
  • Hello, i suscribe for few weeks and i see that new release section not update for new music, why it that? (check in desktop and anodrd and web player)
  • Julian
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android App
    Desktop bug
    new release
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify does not show up in Windows Volume Mixer!

After formatting my PC (Windows 10 64bit) Spotify no longer shows up in the volume mixer (see picture). I use PCPanel to control sound via volume mixer, so I need Spotify there for it to work. Has anyone had a similar issue, or maybe know about a fix...

• Casual Listener
  •   After formatting my PC (Windows 10 64bit) Spotify no longer shows up in the volume mixer (see picture).   I use PCPanel to control sound via volume mixer, so I need Spotify there for i...
  • Jørnar
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Maybe fix your algorithms?

I started a radio based on the artist Colin Hay. Spotify seems to think this means I like music by random guys named Colin. Surely this must be a mistake?Please fix this because it sucks.

• I started a radio based on the artist Colin Hay. Spotify seems to think this means I like music by random guys named Colin. Surely this must be a mistake? Please fix this because it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't work after windows 10 update

Hello Everyone, I have a issue about new windows10 update. After this update spotify doesn't work. It's starting like normal but the application doesn't give any view so I can't do anything. Trying to find a solution this problem I have installed the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Everyone,   I have a issue about new windows10 update. After this update spotify doesn't work. It's starting like normal but the application doesn't give any view so I can't do anything....
  • ni_l-wvzzscok
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows 10
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Lokale Dateien werden nicht synchronisiert

Hallo liebe Spotify CommunityIch habe nun schon seit einigen Tagen das Problem, dass meine lokalen Dateien nicht richtig synchronisiert werden. Handy und Web Player zeigen sie nur ausgegraut an und ich kann sie nicht herunterladen.Natürlich hab ich m...

• Hallo liebe Spotify Community Ich habe nun schon seit einigen Tagen das Problem, dass meine lokalen Dateien nicht richtig synchronisiert werden. Handy und Web Player zeigen sie nur ausgegraut an und...
  • an61
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes