Country

Israel

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

Hello,
I have a strange bug in spotify, whenever I click find friends (below the friends list) it only shows one person, when before there were around 200 or more from my facebook. out of curiosity I clicked follow all and what it does it follows this one person and when I click find friends again it shows a different person, but again just one. I tried to prevoke the access from facebook of spotify and then granting it again through spotify and disconnecting from facebook from spotify and then conencting again, didn't help.
anyone has an idea how to solve it?

8 Replies

Hey @origamyth,welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

I can suggest you to check this post as it might help you with this issue 🙂

Please don't forget to check this thread as many users have this issue too and Spotify is investigatin it already. Just keep yourself updated on it 🙂

Have a great day! 🙂

hi, thank you for the reply 🙂
I did a search before and didn't find a similar problem, it is not that the find friends does not work it just does not work as it is supposed to.

the solution on the other thread did not work for me, I didn't have that line in my hosts file.

Hey @origamyth,

Yes I understood that but does it work normally when you edited the hosts file?

Thanks! 

@Loxer wrote:

Hey @origamyth,

Yes I understood that but does it work normally when you edited the hosts file?

Thanks! 

@Loxer
no it doesn't, it is the same.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

@Loxer Well, I restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled, it still didn't solve the problem.

I am using it under windows 7, though I also have this problem on my other computer which runs windows 10, which makes me think it's more of a network problem than a software problem.

My spotify version is: 1.087.491.ge2a121fc

Hey @origamyth,

I'm sorry that it didn't work!

If possible, could you try another account on Spotify? 

Also, as you mentioned, could you try another network as well to see if the issue persists?

Thanks! 🙂

Hi @Loxer I tired on a few different networks, same result.

I don't have another account on spotify to check with.

Suggested posts