Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player not working

Solved!

Web Player not working

So this just started today for me and it's been a huge problem, everytime I go on the web player on the PC it starts up normally with the home page but then a few seconds later it just completely blacks out. I've tried restarting the computer, reloading the page, clearing cache and cookies and even tried different computers but it still happens. Hopefully there's a solution to this..I've put a few pictures down below to show what has happened.At first it starts out like normalAt first it starts out like normalThen after a few seconds it just completely blacks out.Then after a few seconds it just completely blacks out.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ninoamigo, @get_in_the_van and others 🙂

Another user contacted Spotify Support and they went through some troubleshooting. The user found a cure to the issue. This is the post.

In short - try playing something on your Spotify app on mobile or desktop, and see if the web player stays functional.

Keep me posted. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

16 Replies

I have the same issue, did you find a solution?

Exactly the same issue since 3 days...

On "Win7 enterprise" & "Win 10", with "Chrome"

I have the same issue! I've tested on different browsers and different OS and it's the same. 

Same issue here.

I have this exact same issue. I tried the chat support and they didn't seem to believe me, just kept telling me it works for them so it must be ok.

OK so I think I might've found a solution but only really a temporary one. When Spotify blacks out, after a few seconds there should be either an "I" in a cirlce or the word: "Secure" next to the URL, click the "I" or "Secure" and it will bring down a menu, go into cookies and remove all of them for the web player. After doing that reload the page and log back in, after that it should be working just as new. But if you reload the page it will happen again so I wouldn't chock this as an actual sollution, just a temporary one.

Hey all!

That's bizarre! It's also not something that's happening to me in either browsers I try (Firefox and Chrome).

I wonder if the same still happens when you try opening the web player from a different spot, such as your playlists or your Daily Mixes.

I also recommend trying the web player using another internet connection as well as another user account (if possible).
Restarting the router might be helpful.

Keep me posted 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

nope, tried it, but still the same. black page.

Not working. Used to work. Only shows blank black screen. No error message. Cleared cache and cookies: no effect.

Marked as solution

Hey @ninoamigo, @get_in_the_van and others 🙂

Another user contacted Spotify Support and they went through some troubleshooting. The user found a cure to the issue. This is the post.

In short - try playing something on your Spotify app on mobile or desktop, and see if the web player stays functional.

Keep me posted. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

That did the trick for me, thanks

That worked for me too. Thanks 🙂

Yep, that did the trick.  Strange solution... thanks though!

**bleep**, yes, this solution worked for me too... simple yet, major bug overlooked. am happy as long as i got my tunes, thx

Unfortunately I still have this issue 😞 your trick did not work

Solution: After hours of frustration of desktop / web app not working...and trying things from other posts... I found a proxy setting in the desktop app and did the following:  Load desktop app --> Go to settings (near user profile) --> Scroll down --> click advanced --> scroll to proxy settings --->  change to No Proxy.    Before this nothing else I tried was working.  Not sure if the wrong proxy setting is something spotify updates had caused or my ISP, but had stopped working until I made the 'No Proxy' setting change.     Hope this helps others avoid the frustations.spotify show advanced.pngspotify no proxy.png

Suggested posts