Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Weird bug with Foo Fighters songs

Weird bug with Foo Fighters songs

Hey, this is literally the weirdest bug I have ever come across. When I play a Foo Fighters song on my PC (Premium by the way), for example Walk from the album Wasting Light, it plays normally for 40 seconds. But then, it skips a couple of times and the entire song is done! This only happens on my PC, and only with Foo Fighters songs! Other songs that have the issue:

The Pretender (skips at 10 secs)

Everlong (skips at 20 secs)

Something from Nothing (skips at 22 secs)

The Feast and the Famine (skips at 40 secs)

Actually the entire Sonic Highways album...

Probably more but not in the mood to try every single song. They all seem to be songs that have a softer intro, and then go onto a louder part.

I have tried rebooting multiple times, reinstalling spotify, logging in again etc. I have absolutely no clue what to do, this has been happening for about a year now... Any help would be appreciated!

9 Replies

Hello,

this problem is, indeed, very strange! I would tell you to reinstall the app, but you already did that... Try to change settings like "music quality" and the "playback section". Also, there's an update available - at least on my desktop app.

Tried both settings, where can I find new updates?

Usually a blue dot appears next to menu button, found this on support.
There's one available for you?

Hey @SevenGaming

That's kind of weird indeed!
It's not happening to me though..

The latest version of Spotify (or what mine installed yesterday) is 1.0.67.582.g19436fa3

Reinstalling Spotify should make sure you're running on the latest version too.

However, the fact it's happening only on the desktop player and not elsewhere still allows me to think there's something off in your client. Let's try a clean reinstall:

Uninstall Spotify using the Control Panel.
Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer and make sure there are no Spotify folders in Roaming, Local and elsewhere. If there is anything, delete it.
Restart your machine.
Install Spotify.

Keep me posted. : )

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey man, 

I did exactly what you told me to do, but no changes. 

Any other ideas?

Tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling again, didnt work.

Hello again,
You're using the app, right? If you open it and play on the internet browser, like this , the problem persists? 

Works fine in browser!

Sorry for the late reply,
If it works fine in browser, it means that, maybe, there's something on your computer crashing the app - another plugin?

Suggested posts