Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When I open another app, I get Content Unavailable and all songs grey out, but song keeps playing.

When I open another app, I get Content Unavailable and all songs grey out, but song keeps playing.

Plan

Premium (it's not with this account, but the account drop down menu on community.spotify.com is broken, so I can't log out of this account to log in to the premium account...)

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 (everything is up-to-date)

My Question or Issue

As the subject says, when I open another app, I get Content Unavailable and all songs grey out, but song keeps playing.

If I restart my PC and open the desktop app, I can play songs normally. While it's playing, if I open other apps (I have not done a long test with a bunch of apps, but I know Adobe XD is one), then the songs are immediately greyed out. The music continues to play, and will even play the next song on the playlist when a song ends, but if I try to choose any song I will get the "Content Unavailable" alert and sometimes the alert saying that the session is offline (it's not). The only way to get it working again is to restart the PC, and that doesn't work 100% of the time. 

I have tried clean installs several times with no change. 

2 Replies

OK, so I did another reinstall. Still didn't work. Restarted the PC, it worked. Opened apps one by one, everything seemed to be working. After 15 minutes of working in XD with Spotify playing, suddenly all the songs in spotify became greyed out and when I go to click one it says "Content not available." I can still play the songs using my keyboard play button and I can skip to the next song in the playlist using my keyboard keys. But if I try to go to another playlist or artist or select one of the songs, I get the alert and nothing happens.

This is ridiculous.

Hey @jondeere89,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and the troubleshooting you've already tried.

We'd like to first ask you to disable the hardware acceleration in the Spotify desktop app settings.

Are you using the Spotify version from the Microsoft store or the one downloaded from the Spotify site? Could you try switching between them and see if the issue is then resolved?

What's up with the web player?

This issue could also be network related, so do you mind giving another network connection a go and restarting your router?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts