Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When i change output device in windows, Spotify app does not switch

When i change output device in windows, Spotify app does not switch

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I use Headset and Monitor speakers to listen to music. When i work or just being unproductive i play Spotify through Monitor speakers. But when i want to game i switch output to Headset ( Razer Kraken ) the music keeps playing through monitor. The only fix is to force quit Spotify app and run it again  

2 Replies

I have the same issue, this never used to happen till a few months ago after an update.

Now I need to exit the app and restart it. I hope they can fix this since spotify used to never have this.

Hey folks,

Welcome to the Spotify Community and sorry for the late response as we just came across this thread.

Since this issue could have started after and update, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files from previous updates that might be causing issues. 

Also, after changing the audio source, it's recommended to close the app and open it up again for changes to apply. Let us know if after rebooting the app, it still don't recognize the new audio output. 

Lastly, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running. This will give us a better look to keep investigating this issue.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts