Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is my Spotify randomly playing music?

Why is my Spotify randomly playing music?

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

My Question or Issue

My Spotify starts randomly playing certain music that I don't listen to, turns the shuffle and repeat buttons on, likes certain songs and follows certain artists and playlists. I know that no one has control of my account, because it would say the name of the device on 'Devices Available'. I have to constantly unlike songs and unfollow artists/playlists. A list of the artists that appear: Amelia Davona, PurpleMagnolia, Dōshin, Baron Hauer, Aboriginal Readonly, Diurnal Defibrillator, Ethereal Brawl, CITALIB KENTABO, Therapeutic Covenants

3 Replies

Hey @RikuVeli 

I would still highly recommend following the steps in this article to secure your account.

There are devices that run old Spotify clients, my mobile is one of them. It doesn't support Spotify Connect (I can't see it in Devices Available, but it does everything else...  🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @RikuVeli,

Just jumping in to add something to what @Sebasty suggested.

It'd also be great for you to bookmark and follow the steps in this support page article since they feature some essential info regarding how to keep the safety of your account up-to-date.

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll keep an eye on your reply in case there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm in the same boat. Back in Feb my account was logged into in Russia and a few other places. I changed my password, logged out all devices, removed 3rd party apps etc. Spotify said they "re-verified my account?" yet I still have this issue. I go to play music and the "recently played" is the same random stuff I don't listen to. The strange thing is, the day they logged in they followed "Therapeutic Covenants". (What I googled and found your post) The artist has only this one song and yet 250k followers and 25k monthly plays. They do not exist anywhere else on google. To me this screams hacker profits.

I think the hacker who gets into your account follows things like this and "likes" songs so that they get embedded into your suggestions and listens. This way it plays at random times when you don't notice. The author gets paid per listen (or however it works) and the hacker profits off of Spotify.

Since the Logout from all apps, doesn't work on older apps and some other devices, they just stay logged in and play this music to make profit from your account.

Spotify needs to look into who is getting paid for "Therapeutic Covenants".

Suggested posts