Why is my spotify often so slow?

Solved!

Re: Why is my spotify often so slow?

Com4dor

Thanks! Worked like a charm! :D

MrCircuit
Music Fan

Just to be clear, I think it's great there are those of you in the community trying to help with these issues. However, I have to believe at this point that the problems with the app will only ever be solved by the Spotify devs, who have been pretty silent. I've tried literally every single solution on these forums and others and at best they help for a few days and the app then returns to the same sluggish behavior as always. Every time. There's something fundamentally wrong with the way the app works and until that is fixed, these issues are going to continue. The problem is that this thread is years old now and literally nothing has changed. 

I honestly really, really want to use Spotify as my main music streaming service, but just can't pay for something that the devs clearly have no interest in fixing. :( It's a real shame, too, because Spotify is otherwise fantastic.

tetsuohiryu
Gig Goer

+1 

It's just a big joke how I can't use the app ! Really too bad because Spotify is really an excellent platform... It could be the best without this problem. It's very frustrating.

I'm on MacOS Sierra. 10.12.4.

Come on Devs ! Show us what Nerds are made of ! ;)  

Thoku2

Come on Spotify, this is getting ridiculous.... Premium user and no music experience, because of lags.... kindly fix it or pay back.

Sharoon
Casual Listener

I have been having this problem for months on windows desktop. Have tried unlinking local files which didn't work. Deleting Storage, Data and Browser folders did work once, until i restarted my laptop then it was back to the slow load up and 'browse' taking atleast 20 minutes to load and search just as bad.

filistinys solution of unchecking 'Enable Hardware Acceleration' did seem to make a difference but now after a couple restarts im back to the same old thing of Browse, Searching, Charts etc taking atleast 20 minutes to load every time i open spotify. 

zzack

For me this did not help (version 1.0.56.451.gb2f539fc on Windows 10).
However removing local-files.bnk and player-state (somewhere) under %AppData%\Roaming\Spotify did the trick

Milne18

I'm having the same issues, it takes forever to load on Windows 10.  I've tried all suggestions plus uninstalling/reinstalling with no luck.  This shouldn't be an issue for a "premium" service.

tomharding
Roadie

Same here. I know it's not a device thing because exactly the same thing happens on my Windows Machine as it does on my Galaxy Tab and Galaxy Phone. 

Open Spotify > Search/Your Songs/Friend Activity Spinner > 10 minutes later I can view music. I can still listen to music when this is loading, provided I have something paused from my last session.

I'm guessing it's probably because i've maxed out my 10,000 song limit (which is ridiculous in itself) and have several large playlists. 

BlackieDammett

I tried to disenable Spotify while starting my PC (msconfig-> system start). But that didn't work out because after every update it enabled in that list by itself.
Now I noticed that there are two spotify apps that are disenabled and one is enabled. So I thought it would be better if alle spotify apps are running for full performance. And now it works MUCH faster. Maybe I could help anyone of you with my 'instructions' :)

GlennWestern
Regular

If you have a lot of own music/ local files, you should try subsonic.
http://www.subsonic.org/pages/index.jsp

SUGGESTED POSTS