Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is the social media bar on the right displayed upon fresh install when I'm not connected to FB?

Solved!

Why is the social media bar on the right displayed upon fresh install when I'm not connected to FB?

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

PC

Operating System

Win 10

My Question or Issue

It irritates me that there is people being displayed from a Facebook acc that I had once linked to Spotify. It doesn't exist anymore. Wondering why it comes up even on a fresh install.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sorry for not being in line with you!

I thought you may have FB still connected.

However, you may have followed your friends on Spotify and the only way is to unfollow them, in oder to stop seeing their activity in your Friend Activity feed.

Hope I was able to help 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @h3r3t1k,

Good question!

Everything is tied to your account and will be reflected to the Spotify apps you use.

Try to disconnect your Facebook account from your Spotify account and see how it goes.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask 😉

Have a nice day 🙂

I disabled faebook data sharing but still the people show up when I re-enable the right side bar.

Hey @h3r3t1k,

Please check out this FAQ page for a step-by-step tutorial on how to disconnect your Account from Facebook.

If you encounter any issues get back to me 😉

Have a nice day 🙂

Sorry a thousand times :'(
Let me bring you the right URL

Edit:  

Here is the right URL: https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/account_help/i-want-to-use-spotify-without-faceb...

Sorry for any confusion 🙏

If you have any issues please don't hesitate to ask back again 🙂

Thanks for your help. Not sure you get me. The thing is that Facebook is not connected and hasn't been in a long time. Even that FB acc that was once connected doesn't exist anymore. It's just weird to see that bar with the friends from that acc every time I install Spotify. It's a design flaw imo. Because why would it show people there when you don't have Spotify connected to FB?

Marked as solution

Sorry for not being in line with you!

I thought you may have FB still connected.

However, you may have followed your friends on Spotify and the only way is to unfollow them, in oder to stop seeing their activity in your Friend Activity feed.

Hope I was able to help 🙂

Suggested posts