Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Operating System

My Question or Issue

9 Replies

Hey @x1va_c-49bm0o.

Are you getting any error messages when trying to play music on Spotify? Also, what device, OS, and Spotify version are you using?

In the meantime, try logging out and back in to the app to see if it helps.

Keep me posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I too am having this problem. Since the update i have not been able to start ANY of my radio stations and listen to them.

Also, all my "recently played" songs and playlists/stations have been wiped since the last update. When i listen to any new ones they're not getting added to the "recently played" tab either.

At least i know i'm not the only one experiencing these issues with the newest updates on Desktop since there have been two threads made within the last hour alone about it. Would appreciate a fix!

*Edit: When trying to start any new radio station i am also getting this message all of a sudden now: "This radio station cannot be started. Please try with something else" - Spotify is completely broken for me as of right now!

Hey @theotherguy821.

Could you let me know your Spotify version numbers? Also, is this happening with a specific radio station or any you try to use?

In the meantime, try reinstalling Spotify to see if it helps.

All the best.

I also have this issue, it works fine when I reset the app but that deletes all the previous stuff and my recently played and it stops working again when I restart my PC or sometimes even halfway through a song on the spotify radio. It is really annoying.

Current build: 1.0.82.454.g623fabd2 (Windows Store version)

Check if it is a problem with audio drivers, codecs, etc. by playing sound through another output like YouTube.

Also, an unstable internet connection could also cause this.

Also radio stations stop working, or being created unless I reset spotify which I need to do every time I restart.

Hey @Sir_Haris.

Sorry to hear you're also having this issue.

Could you try using the Web Player to see if you run into any issues?

You can also try uninstalling the Windows Store version of Spotify, and downloading the installer straight from here to see if it behaves the same.

All the best.

I opened another topic and it turned out to be an issue with my hosts file. I did try reinstalling earlier but it didn't work. However, upon editing my hosts file my spotify app works.

Awesome!

We're glad to hear everything is up and running now.

Don't hesitate to open a new thread if anything else comes up.

Cheers.

Suggested posts