Premium

Country

UK

Device

HP Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

A while ago, when going into full screen mode in Windows, this was changed from the album cover, to the artists picture/profile or whatever.

I did not agree with this, but accepted the fact and in fact have got used to it. 

My problem is with the quality/resolution of these pictures. Some are fine, but lots are either very low quality black and white pictures or the resolution is obviously not correct as words/band members are either missing or "cut off".

Could somebody from Spotify please explain why this is, and why nothing has/is being done about this? 

Your original explanation for this was to be in line with other streaming services, but other services do not have such bad quality images.

If you want examples, please be assured I can provide hundreds 

1 Reply

Howldy Rigsby1!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with the quality of images on Spotify. According to a post on the Spotify Community forum, images used as album art in Spotify require a minimum resolution of 640x640px. 640 is low key horrendous on my monitor fullscreen. So, some images with low quality may appear blurred on screens with higher resolutions. But it sounds like you are dealing with cropping like problems on your application so not sure thats the issue. I couldn’t find any official statement from Spotify regarding this issue 😕

Please do report these issues to Spotify, you can do so by contacting their customer support team. They may be able to provide more information or escalate the issue to the appropriate team for further investigation.

Let's not make this a RUFF situation, keep me posted!

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts