Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Windows] Wrong song being shown

Solved!

[Windows] Wrong song being shown

So, this bug has been happening with me for a while.

As you can see in the .pgn annexed in this thread,even though I chose a certain song to be played (Holding onto Gravity) the "currently playing" box is just freezed in a random song I listened to previously (Frisco Lights in this case). Note that I am listening to the song I chose. It's just the box that doesn't say so.

When I open the app it works perfectly, but after some time the box that shows (and let me control) the currently played song just freezes, and even though I can listen to other songs, I can't skip to the next song in the playlist (I have to manually choose it, which is really annoying).

Has this been happening with anyone else?

(Not sure if I was able to explain it accurately... not an english native speaker)

spotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yup, this most likely affects just about everyone. I know I've seen other users talk about before such as on this thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Bug-in-current-song-s-title/m-p/14...

I believe it has to do with how Spotify retrieves information from its cache that it can lag behind the now playing list and displays information for tracks that played one or two (or more) tracks ago. 

I don't believe there to be a way to fix this until Spotify patches the application. Well, throwing more memory into the machine or letting Spotify take processing priority might help, but I can't say I recommend it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

This bug is happening with my spotify client too, but not in the windows version, it's happening in linux version!

Marked as solution

Yup, this most likely affects just about everyone. I know I've seen other users talk about before such as on this thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Bug-in-current-song-s-title/m-p/14...

I believe it has to do with how Spotify retrieves information from its cache that it can lag behind the now playing list and displays information for tracks that played one or two (or more) tracks ago. 

I don't believe there to be a way to fix this until Spotify patches the application. Well, throwing more memory into the machine or letting Spotify take processing priority might help, but I can't say I recommend it.

Any news about this? Still happening for me, it's getting quite annoying.

No solutions yet that I know of, I guess we'll just have to wait for Spotify to fix it in a future update.

A solution would be nice for this, I feel like this bug is going for ever now :/... it's realy annoying. It Happen anytime after a commercial.

1 year later, there still can be the wrong displayed song!

Now it's after each commercial add that the displaye isn't the oe playing.

If they just add a check after 3 seconds playing that what is playing is correctly been displayed, all these kind of issues want be there!

Suggested posts