Announcements
We’re experiencing issues with Premium subscriptions and redeeming gift Cards. This is being actively investigated. Subscribe to this thread here for updates.

Windows XP

Windows XP

wxad
Casual Listener

I have an old PC with Windows XP on it. The version of Spotify it has is still 1.0.20.101

Lately I've noticed that when I'm playing or displaying a playlist, it immediately switches to the Browse page. Is there a way to fix this via any settings?

My plan is to upgrade it to the last working version of Spotify for Windows XP 32-bit but I don't know which version and where are the installers archived (if any).

Please help.

5 Replies

Re: Windows XP

引きこもり
Roadie

I believe your version of Windows is no longer supported.

The best way to continue using Spotify on your old PC would be via the web player.

Kayefpee
Casual Listener

I don't seem to have that problem. Can't you go back to playlist view by clicking on the currently playing song at the lower left of screen, just above the player controls?

My problem is, using Windows XP and the same version of Spotify, that the album artwork does not show for the currently playing song. It only shows when I click on the album title in the playlist view. I'd rather it update after each new song starts playing.

Also I don't have an option to play Spotify in a browser, as they are not supported by Spotify either.

L3P3
Casual Listener

You can get the latest Firefox for Windows XP, it is called Mypal. Maybe Spotify works in that.

muzbroadmy

nope, fb works on Mypal, but Spotify still doesn't(

Alex

Hi @wxad,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Windows XP is not a supported platform any longer and we can't guarantee that everything will be running as it should in older versions of the App.

We'd recommend using the Web player instead, as it should offer the full functionality.

Hope you find this info useful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
SUGGESTED POSTS