Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows XP

Windows XP

I have an old PC with Windows XP on it. The version of Spotify it has is still 1.0.20.101

Lately I've noticed that when I'm playing or displaying a playlist, it immediately switches to the Browse page. Is there a way to fix this via any settings?

My plan is to upgrade it to the last working version of Spotify for Windows XP 32-bit but I don't know which version and where are the installers archived (if any).

Please help.

6 Replies

I believe your version of Windows is no longer supported.

The best way to continue using Spotify on your old PC would be via the web player.

I don't seem to have that problem. Can't you go back to playlist view by clicking on the currently playing song at the lower left of screen, just above the player controls?

My problem is, using Windows XP and the same version of Spotify, that the album artwork does not show for the currently playing song. It only shows when I click on the album title in the playlist view. I'd rather it update after each new song starts playing.

Also I don't have an option to play Spotify in a browser, as they are not supported by Spotify either.

You can get the latest Firefox for Windows XP, it is called Mypal. Maybe Spotify works in that.

nope, fb works on Mypal, but Spotify still doesn't(

Hi @wxad,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Windows XP is not a supported platform any longer and we can't guarantee that everything will be running as it should in older versions of the App.

We'd recommend using the Web player instead, as it should offer the full functionality.

Hope you find this info useful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@wxad wrote:

I have an old PC with Windows XP on it. The version of Spotify it has is still 1.0.20.101

Lately I've noticed that when I'm playing or displaying a playlist, it immediately switches to the Browse page. Is there a way to fix this via any settings?

My plan is to upgrade it to the last working version of Spotify for Windows XP 32-bit but I don't know which version and where are the installers archived (if any).

Please help.

Hi,

The last time I checked Windows XP, it said that the operating system would no longer be supported after a certain version. I am sure that has now happened - so whatever version you are currently on is the best you are probably going to get.

The Web Player will not work because the latest version of Firefox does not support Windows XP and the last version of Chrome for Windows XP is now several years old. (Chrome support for XP was dropped about 40 versions ago.)

If your laptop supports a 64 bit operating system then you might be able to install a lighter operating system (such as a Linux version) and have Spotify on that. Otherwise, you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify (but ONLY if you still have the 32 bit installer under your Downloads folder - you cannot download the 32 bit version any more, so it will fail to install on Windows XP anymore).

Suggested posts