Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ability to see play counts on album pages gone on desktop

ability to see play counts on album pages gone on desktop

ive noticed with the recent updates the option to see playcounts (when hovering over the bar, play count comes up) has been taken away from album pages ONLY. why is this? on artist pages it still works as normal, but on album pages it doesnt work at all. is there a reason for this? is this a bug?

by album pages I mean if you type in an album and click on the name, or if you scroll down an artist's discography and click on the name of the album

3 Replies

Hey @kettl

It works for me. I am on version 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1.

You can see your version when you open the app and go to menu dots - Help - About Spotify.

I'd suggest a reinstall, maybe it's just a glitch 🙂

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

If you use a Windows Store version of Spotify, I recommend resetting the app's data (read this Windows Club article) and reinstalling as guided in this article.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

i thought it didnt work at first, but then i moused over it and moved my mouse for a few seconds and it appears, so it appears the mouse-over is bugged

this happens for every album, while the artist still works fine

@kettl

It works pretty smoothly for me, but I have to move my cursor's point on it or it won't show up.

Is reinstalling the app doing any difference?

You can also try disabling hardware acceleration (Spotify - Menu dots -View - Hardware acceleration) to see if that makes any difference.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts