Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Recommended songs based on playlist missing?

PlanPremiumCountry New Zealand Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue As of a few days ago, there used to be a feature where within a playlist Spotify would recommend you songs at the bottom based on the current songs in that playlist. But t...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  New Zealand   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  As of a few days ago, there used to be a feature where within a playlist S...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Duplicate songs and removal

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDell Precision 5510Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssuePart of what i'd like to do here is ask for something to help with duplicate songs saving to my library - i often come across a song and think "why...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Dell Precision 5510 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Part of what i'd like to do here is ask for something to help with dupl...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Explicit Songs Fail to Play "This Song is Not Available"

PlanPremium/Family PlanCountry CanadaDeviceSurface Pro 3 (Windows Laptop)Operating SystemWindows 8.1 My Question or Issue Whenever I try to play an explicit song I get a message in a blue banner at the top that says "This song is not available. If yo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium/Family Plan Country  Canada Device Surface Pro 3 (Windows Laptop) Operating System Windows 8.1   My Question or Issue   Whenever I try to play an explicit song ...
  • DJ_PaulMC
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes

Volume change using Bluetooth on Windows 10 does not work

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueHello,since the last update my Spotify Application on Windows 10 does not work as it used to do before.It is about the bluetooth connection between my laptop and my b...

• Plan Premium Country  Germany Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Hello, since the last update my Spotify Application on Windows 10 does not work as it used ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Not showing album artwork of certain albums.

Spotify isn't showing the album artwork of certain albums (see attached screenshot for an example) and it's driving me nuts. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, but nothing changed. I'm running the Windows Store version.

3.JPG
  • Regular
  • Spotify isn't showing the album artwork of certain albums (see attached screenshot for an example) and it's driving me nuts. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, but nothing changed. ...
  • Isfahaninejad
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

High Quality Streaming setting keeps reverting to off

I keep having to switch on the High Quality Streaming setting, which is of course annoying! I suspect the setting is being reverted whenever the Spotify client is updated. I should not have to keep checking the setting and switching it back on. I can...

• Music Fan
  • I keep having to switch on the High Quality Streaming setting, which is of course annoying!   I suspect the setting is being reverted whenever the Spotify client is updated.   I...
  • 6yo4t_ovs-uc6
  • 4 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 16 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify shows itunes songs as local files

PlanPremium CountryGermany Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify displays all local itunes songs under "Local Files", even though I deselected everything in the settings (there is no option for "itunes" as seen in several screenshots...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Country Germany   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify displays all local itunes songs under "Local Files", even though I deselected ever...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Media overlay showing up when turned off

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands DeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify really needs to get there stuff together, it seems like something breaks with every update they put out. First it was Spotify automatically starting wit...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands   Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify really needs to get there stuff together, it seems like something bre...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Some local files not playing on desktop

PlanPremiumDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueFor some reason, when I add some songs via local file to spotify, it will be unavailable on desktop, but it will play and download on the android app. The message I get is "This song is...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue For some reason, when I add some songs via local file to spotify, it will be unavailable on desktop, but it will play an...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Control Volume with keyboard

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceDesktop / NotebookOperating SystemWindows / Mac My Question or Issue The system Volume is controlable by the keyboard Hot Key. How can you change the volume for Spotify app, if it is connected to WLAN Speaker using the s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Desktop / Notebook Operating System Windows / Mac   My Question or Issue  The system Volume is controlable by the keyboard Hot Key. How can...
  • Darklyte_
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn’t work with my mixer

PlanPremium Country Uk Device(MacBook Pro)Operating System(Both OS X and windows 10) My Question or Issue I have a usb mixer (American Audio 14MXR). The sound card works fine for all programs on my computer, except Spotify. I get an error saying “the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium  Country  Uk  Device (MacBook Pro) Operating System (Both OS X and windows 10)   My Question or Issue  I have a usb mixer (American Audio 14MXR). The s...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Radio's don't start

PlanFreeCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I restart my PC, or sometimes in the middle of a song radio, it stops playing and the radio apparently disappears. The radio is no longer there, and the friend's list go...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country UK Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I restart my PC, or sometimes in the middle of a song radio, it stops playing and the radio a...
  • Sir_Haris
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend feed and radio not working

PlanFreeCountryThe Netherlands DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSince a week or something there are some issues with my Spotify for desktop. My friend feed is not showing ("Hmm, the Friend Feed failed to load" it says), I cannot...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free Country The Netherlands   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Since a week or something there are some issues with my Spotify for desktop. My f...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes

Foreign language ads

PlanFree/PremiumCountry IndonesiaDeviceNotebookOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Starting from today, the premium advertising plays in a foreign language (I didn't know what it is).

• Plan Free/Premium Country  Indonesia Device Notebook Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Starting from today, the premium advertising plays in a foreign lan...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Windows 10 - Spotify stops playing when Screen turns dark

Hi there, I've recently got a new ultrabook with Windows 10. Unfortunately, Spotify stops playing immediately when the screen turns dark to safe energy - in battery mode after 3 minutes. the ultrabook is still active and spotify appears on the locksc...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   I've recently got a new ultrabook with Windows 10.  Unfortunately, Spotify stops playing immediately when the screen turns dark to safe energy - in battery mode after 3 minut...
  • djvj
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Media keys no longer work

Description My media keys used to work to play, pause, skip forward/backward, etc. in Spotify, and other applications when Spotify is running. Suddenly, my media keys have no effect. A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. Open Spotify 2...

• Visitor
  • Description My media keys used to work to play, pause, skip forward/backward, etc. in Spotify, and other applications when Spotify is running. Suddenly, my media keys have no effect.   A m...
  • psturla
  • 88 replies
  • 51 likes
  • 88 replies
  • 51 likes

Superuser Contribution Audiobooks

Wonder (and tried to): want to listen audiobooks with my spotify premium in my local files.But, Is it possible to upload the book immediately in his own playlist? Now I upload, search al the individual chapters one by one and put it in the right play...

• Casual Listener
  • Wonder (and tried to): want to listen audiobooks with my spotify premium in my local files. But, Is it possible to upload the book immediately in his own playlist? Now I upload, search al the indivi...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Downloading Nothing

I've been using Spotify, but just today downloaded the PC software. On the task bar, it shows a green progress bar as if it were downloading something, but it never changes from the minimum, and no songs are set to be downloaded, nor are any currentl...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been using Spotify, but just today downloaded the PC software. On the task bar, it shows a green progress bar as if it were downloading something, but it never changes from the minimum, and no s...
  • Masonjar13
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps defaulting to one song

Every time I boot up my computer and Spotify loads up, it loads into the same song paused at the same spot, regardless of what I listened to last on my computer or phone/other devices. I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify, which fixed the problem fo...

• Regular
  • Every time I boot up my computer and Spotify loads up, it loads into the same song paused at the same spot, regardless of what I listened to last on my computer or phone/other devices. I uninstalled ...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes