Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! My webplayer is not working

Hello! I use the webplayer on a Windows PC and my acount is not a premium one. About two weeks ago, I was listening to a playlist and my webplayer "frozed" at one of the songs. Since then, I've tried to play other songs and it just doesn't work. I've...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I use the webplayer on a Windows PC and my acount is not a premium one. About two weeks ago, I was listening to a playlist and my webplayer "frozed" at one of the songs. Since then, I've tried...
  • julianarpinho
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Please delete

Sorry, wrong forum. Please delete

• Sorry, wrong forum. Please delete
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing Spotify on Web Browser when NOT on same network

Hello! I have been listening to spotify at work for the past couple days without an issue, logging in and just letting it do it's thing, but the last couple of days it won't play anything. I'm logged into both my phone and my web browser, I can add m...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I have been listening to spotify at work for the past couple days without an issue, logging in and just letting it do it's thing, but the last couple of days it won't play anything.  &nb...
  • MPisNotaBot
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No plus sign next to a song in playlist.

I have a song in my playlist but there is no plus sign to save it to my songs. If I seach the song up in the spotify library it shows a plus sign to save.

• I have a song in my playlist but there is no plus sign to save it to my songs.  If I seach the song up in the spotify library it shows a plus sign to save.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spofity stops playing when there is no other sound

Hey guys, so this has been so frustrating for me. When I have Spotify's volume about 30% or less and there is no other sounds playing on my pc (twitch, youtube, discord, etc), it will just completley stop playing my music. If I raise my volume on Spo...

• Hey guys, so this has been so frustrating for me. When I have Spotify's volume about 30% or less and there is no other sounds playing on my pc (twitch, youtube, discord, etc), it will just completley...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local tracks are unavailable, even though they are able to be played.

l tracks come up as unavailable(greyed out) on the same computer that they are present on. It means I can't even sync the song to my phone. It's fairly random which songs are unavailbe to spotify and changes with each start up. Double clicking on the...

• l tracks come up as unavailable(greyed out) on the same computer that they are present on. It means I can't even sync the song to my phone. It's fairly random which songs are unavailbe to spotify and...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Cannot login with Facebook

I logged out of Spotify on my desktop because it kept saying no internet connection. Now I cannot log back in via Facebook. I can click a bunch but nothing happens

• I logged out of Spotify on my desktop because it kept saying no internet connection. Now I cannot log back in via Facebook. I can click a bunch but nothing happens
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't log in

On the spotify app, whenever I put in my login information it loads and doesn't stop. I've waited for hours and nothing. My screen looks the same.

• On the spotify app, whenever I put in my login information it loads and doesn't stop. I've waited for hours and nothing. My screen looks the same. 
  • brookeys
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify application freezes usability when gaming

- Whenever I go fullscreen with a game, the desktop client will not repsond to mouse or keyboard input unless minimized and then re-opened. Happens 100% of the time from any game launched. Music remains as does keyboard media buttons function.

• Not applicable
  • - Whenever I go fullscreen with a game, the desktop client will not repsond to mouse or keyboard input unless minimized and then re-opened. Happens 100% of the time from any game launched. Music rema...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

crossfading

crossfadings works but after playing a few numbers it wil stop crossfading same as the same volume for all numbershow is this possible

• crossfadings works but after playing a few numbers it wil stop crossfading  same as the same volume for all numbers how is this possible
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Top of the screen not showing

So I opened Spotify and everything works, but there is no top of the screen. I can't move the window anywhere, can't close it, minimise it or stuff like that and since i have a secondary screen i usually move it there, but now i can't. Its not black ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I opened Spotify and everything works, but there is no top of the screen. I can't move the window anywhere, can't close it, minimise it or stuff like that and since i have a secondary screen i usu...
  • Drazo420
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Why I can't download application for windows?

https://www.spotify.com/tw/download/windows/I can't download and instal Spotify from this page. Is there any wrong on your website?

• Not applicable
  • https://www.spotify.com/tw/download/windows/ I can't download and instal Spotify from this page. Is there any wrong on your website?
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Filter Podcast by not listened episodes

The option to filter podcast by "all" or "not played episodes" is fantistic, but if you set the filter to only show not played episodes and then listen to the last episode, there is no way to get back to "all".STR:Listened to most of the episodes of ...

• Casual Listener
  • The option to filter podcast by "all" or "not played episodes" is fantistic, but if you set the filter to only show not played episodes and then listen to the last episode, there is no way to ge...
  • NellyLundmark
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes

Digital Cancer

Someone installed Spotify on two of my computers. The HD on my laptop was nearly full, so I decided to uninstall Spotify to gain a little space. What should have taken 90 seconds has overtaken my evening. After trying to uninstall it for almost an ho...

• Regular
  • Someone installed Spotify on two of my computers. The HD on my laptop was nearly full, so I decided to uninstall Spotify to gain a little space.  What should have taken 90 seconds has overtaken...
  • Pissed_Off1
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

the spotify application has stopped working

Ive had spotify premimum version for atleast 6 months and it has suddonly stops working. when i try to open the aplication it says "the spotify application has stopped working" and when i go to task mananger and then try its just a white screen for s...

• Ive had spotify premimum version for atleast 6 months and it has suddonly stops working. when i try to open the aplication it says "the spotify application has stopped working" and when i go to task ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Folder

Hello over there,I'm having an issue with making New Folders. Better said, no problem in making them but I used to put various playlists into Folders and for some reason I'm not able to do so anymore. I can't click on a playlists name (on the left si...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello over there, I'm having an issue with making New Folders. Better said, no problem in making them but I used to put various playlists into Folders and for some reason I'm not able to do so anymo...
  • EvilRegal
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Need an easy way to back up all my saved songs

So for the last few months I have noticed that someone has access to my account. I have signed out everywhere a million times and I keep deleting the playlists they make and the songs they add to my spotify. Recently they tried to change my subscript...

• Not applicable
  • So for the last few months I have noticed that someone has access to my account. I have signed out everywhere a million times and I keep deleting the playlists they make and the songs they add to my ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

embedding into website

Hi I want to embed a website into my website but every time I do it automaticall turns into a url link and won't come up as an iframe, This is the embed code it gave me

• Hi   I want to embed a website into my website but every time I do it automaticall turns into a url link and won't come up as an iframe, This is the embed code it gave me   <iframe s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! High cpu usage

Hello i have tried a complete reinstall of spotify but still it shows over 30% cpu usage. How do i fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello i have tried a complete reinstall of spotify but still it shows over 30% cpu usage. How do i fix this?
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes