Start off where you left

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have been a Spotify subscriber since many many years now. Although the music collection and device connection possiblitities are great, I've always found the UI to be hard to use and badly designed.

One of the most annoying things about Spotify is that it starts in a "reset" state everytime the app is restarted. Yes, I'll grant it that it that the previously playing track can be continued on, but I want my search results, the browsing history ("back arrow") and/or the current playlist to be displayed as I left them. In short, I want to carry on _exactly_ where I left when the app was closed. 

I could elaborate on this, for instance I've always wondered why there isn't a possiblity for having several tabs open in the UI? This would be a great improvement because you could have several search results and playlists open at the same time. As it is now you will have to abandon any searches or playlists you currently are working on to do/view another.

Thanks.

1 Reply

Hey @spotoma,

Thank you for your feedback. It's true that both of those features are currently not implemented. We suggest that you head to our Ideas Board and submit those ideas, as we think that's something other people might find interesting. They'll be able to vote for it and contribute to the discussion.

Hope that helps! 🙂

Suggested posts