Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Win10 No connection to Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSelf-built PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have used Spotify without any problems on my PC for a year now, but a few days ago, Spotify always said it would be offline. After checking the firewall, I t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Self-built PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have used Spotify without any problems on my PC for a year now, but a few days ag...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Slow app? It takes forever to run it

PlanPremiumCountry ArgentinaDeviceWindows 8.1 PC, 12 GB ram, 3.8 4 core cpu, etc.Question or Issue Whenever I run the app for the first time, it takes like 3 or 4 minutes to actually start, and take another 2-3 min to connect to my mobile phone and a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Argentina Device Windows 8.1 PC, 12 GB ram, 3.8 4 core cpu, etc. Question or Issue  Whenever I run the app for the first time, it takes like 3 or 4 minutes to a...
  • Faculegarralde
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! windows app not syncing favorite songs

Primume, win 10.when adding a new favorite song from my S9, it doesn't add it to the pc spotify app althou it's added to the chrome online spotify player.I tried re-lunching spotify but the same problem.In the photo, the right window is the windows a...

• Regular
  • Primume, win 10. when adding a new favorite song from my S9, it doesn't add it to the pc spotify app althou it's added to the chrome online spotify player. I tried re-lunching spotify but the same ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

The same song is always "up next" on launch and I don't want it to happen

Hello,One day I decided on a whim to listen to an album that was listed as new release. In this case, it was a certan Bene Rexha. Not that it really matters, but I did not listen to this for more than a few minutes before skipping through and returnt...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, One day I decided on a whim to listen to an album that was listed as new release.   In this case, it was a certan Bene Rexha.  Not that it really matters, but I did not listen ...
  • thelonious
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Tab (Desktop)

PlanPremiumCountryUK Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe songs tab has gone missing from My library.I used this all the time on shuffle to listen to all the music ive saved on spotify!Why has this gone and anyway around it? I left spot...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK     Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The songs tab has gone missing from My library. I used this all the time on shuffle to...
  • Krobe_Air
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Dayly mix completely disappeared

PlanFreeCountry NetherlandsDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or Issue Around a week or so ago, the "Dayly Mix" tab in my library disappeared. In addition, the friends feed fails to load as well.Uninstalling & reinstalling spotify fixes th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  Netherlands Device PC Operating System Windows 7  My Question or Issue  Around a week or so ago, the "Dayly Mix" tab in my library disappeared. In addition,...
  • debries
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Pic of the day

PlanFree/PremiumCountry GermanyDeviceSony VaioOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueToday i found on an old backup an old version of spotify....Good old times, easy to use, no big Letters, Covers, Pictures and those stuff, no waiting Just sim...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  Germany Device Sony Vaio Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Today i found on an old backup an old version of spotify.... Good old time...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Download Playlists

I have downloaded playlists to my Lenovo computer. I believe the files are physically downoaded to the harddrive? When I play from my Samsung the same playlist which is marked downloaded;Are the files downloaded to my Samsung mobile hard drive. If so...

• Gig Goer
  •   I have downloaded playlists to my Lenovo computer. I believe the files are physically downoaded to the harddrive?   When I play from my Samsung the same playlist which is marked downlo...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove from favorites

PlanPremiumCountry NorwayDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI cannot remove some songs from my favorites, i have noticed they are all local files, but i cannot remove them from the favorites tab

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Norway Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I cannot remove some songs from my favorites, i have noticed they are all local file...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Advanced search doesn't work

PlanPremiumCountry FranceDevicePCOperating SystemW7 My Question or IssueI can not performed an advanced search ! Always "no result"....Any ideas ?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  France Device PC Operating System W7   My Question or Issue I can not performed an advanced search ! Always "no result".... Any ideas ? 
  • Panfranek
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! how to install spotify in windows without using the spotify installer ?

PlanSingle PremiumCountry IrelandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHow to install spotify in windows without using the spotify installer ? As seems the Spotify installer will download Spotify itself, but in my working place its v...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Single Premium Country  Ireland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue How to install spotify in windows without using the spotify installer ? As seems ...
  • emanueol
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! SpotifyMigrator has stopped working

DeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Spotify seemed to have migrated itself over to the windows store app without asking me first, I have the windows store disabled for privacy reasons on my device. I uninstalled the windows s...

• Casual Listener
  •   Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Spotify seemed to have migrated itself over to the windows store app without asking me first, I have the w...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files not showing up under Artists, Albums, Music

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 Microsoft is forcing me to switch from Groove to Spotify. I have 32,000 purchased songs on my local drive. They show up under Local Files, but only a few are showing up under Artists, Album...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  US Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   Microsoft is forcing me to switch from Groove to Spotify.  I have 32,000 purchased songs on my local driv...
  • -_5xu23w2itr4
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! automatically skips the songs never play one

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevicepackard bell laptopOperating Systemwindows 7 My Question or Issue i am using spotify on my laptop for 2 days.When i decided to listen to music this morning spotify started to skip every song,i could not listen to one of ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device packard bell laptop Operating System windows 7   My Question or Issue  i am using spotify on my laptop for 2 days.When i decided to listen to mu...
  • kladenstein
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Music] Typing "hue" rewinds the current song

Look, i'm mexican, and most of the time we text "a huevo" but this is annoying me cus everytime i type "hue" (maybe too fast on windows 10) spotify ALWAYS rewind my darn current song, please somebody tell me how to skip this thing cus is making me cr...

• Casual Listener
  • Look, i'm mexican, and most of the time we text "a huevo" but this is annoying me cus everytime i type "hue" (maybe too fast on windows 10) spotify ALWAYS rewind my darn current song, please somebody...
  • AsvidB
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    music
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble downloading

PlanPremiumCountryU.S. DeviceDesktop ComputerOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or Issue When I try to download a playlist, Spotify stalls and I get the message "Waiting for connection". However, I'm connected to the internet.

• Plan Premium Country U.S.   Device Desktop Computer Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue  When I try to download a playlist, Spotify stalls and I get the messag...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play songs - problems with version 1.84.344.0?

PlanPremiumCountryNorway DeviceWindows 10 DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue After 1.84.344.0 was automatically installed I can no longer play any songs. When I click to play a song there is a delay of about 2 - 4 seconds before a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Norway  Device Windows 10 Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  After 1.84.344.0 was automatically installed I can no longer p...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Clear Play and Search history

PlanPremiumCountry UKDevice(Android)Operating System(Android) My Question or Issue My account was recently hacked.some AWFUL music was listened to (obviously in my opinion)This has now polluted my Daily Mix and is in my search history.An "account rol...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device (Android) Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue  My account was recently hacked. some AWFUL music was listened to (obviously in m...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

A firewall may be blocking Spotify message.

A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please, update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally, you could try changing the currently used proxy settings. That is the message I get when I start a Spotify client on my desktop machine. I turned the fir...

• Gig Goer
  •   A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please, update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally, you could try changing the currently used proxy settings.   That is the ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

audio effects

Hi, there used to be the "audio effects" that could change the "distance" of the music, how far it sounded, my favourite one was the club mode, it was the furthest and didn't disturb my game audio.I've been trying to find an app or plugin that does i...

• Visitor
  • Hi, there used to be the "audio effects" that could change the "distance" of the music, how far it sounded, my favourite one was the club mode, it was the furthest and didn't disturb my game audio. ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes