Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't play downloaded songs offline

can't play downloaded songs offline

i am frustrated and angry. I'm using Spotify app on my desktop computer. I often download my songs for offline use. yet I cannot play them when offline.
the songs play only when I'm online even for downloaded songs.
I took my time to select desired albums, I've used up much of my internet bundle then this!
what's the purpose of downloading songs for offline use then!?
3 Replies

Hi there @ezeeze,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear that your data was used up, but don't worry, we're here to help.

What is the behavior exactly? Do the songs appear greyed out? Do you get an error message when trying to play them? Do they just never start? Also consider trying a clean reinstall as described here. It's possible that the downloaded cache is corrupt and that's why this doesn't work. A thorough clean reinstall can resolve this. Be advised that after you perform these steps you will need to download the offline music one more time, so make sure to do so when you have unrestricted internet access.

Hope this helps.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello @Kiril

I tried a clean reinstall, didn't help. The issue still persists. The app behavior is like, everything works fine when there's an internet connection. The moment I switch the internet connection off everything goes black as if the whole app is loading without an end no images or anything. That also includes my downloaded songs. 

Sometimes the images (album art pic) of downloaded albums shows but when I click them it says 'not available while you're offline" 

spotify not .jpg
spotify .jpg

Hey there @ezeeze,

Thanks for your reply and for the screenshots you kindly sent us.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Would you mind sending us the exact Spotify version you have running on your device?

On another not, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event, such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Meanwhile, we suggest you log out and log in twice in a row onto your Spotify account. This could sound a little bit odd, but this way the system will force a resync of your account in general.

Lastly, is this happening on a different Spotify account? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask a relative or a friend to open their account or your computer to see if this behavior continues in a different account.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts