Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Connect] Add Refresh Option for Desktop Version

When I add more songs to the "My Liked" playlist it doesn't auto-update on my desktop. I would like the option to refresh my playlist so it can stay synced with what's on my mobile device.

• Visitor
  • When I add more songs to the "My Liked" playlist it doesn't auto-update on my desktop. I would like the option to refresh my playlist so it can stay synced with what's on my mobile device.
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connect
    Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Bug Report] Spotify pauses music when JBL turns off

Spotify is open on both the desktop and my iPhone 11, while my phone has a Bluetooth connection to the JBL Flip 4. Then either on my desktop or phone, I will switch the music over to play on my desktop. I will dance around for a second before turning...

• Spotify is open on both the desktop and my iPhone 11, while my phone has a Bluetooth connection to the JBL Flip 4. Then either on my desktop or phone, I will switch the music over to play on my deskt...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Feature
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Friend activity section pointless when not connected to Facebook

The following is a screenshot of the "Friend Activity" section in Spotify https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qfs7l196v8ksjl/Capture.PNG?dl=0 As you can see it's telling me to enable "Share my listening activity on Spotify" which I have, yet it still shows it...

• Visitor
  • The following is a screenshot of the "Friend Activity" section in Spotify   https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qfs7l196v8ksjl/Capture.PNG?dl=0   As you can see it's telling me to enable "Share ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Stop autoplay on changing default sound device

PlanPremiumCountryScotland Devicelaptop Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I change my default sound device in Windows settings, spotify automatically plays. Is there a setting to stop this?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Scotland   Device laptop   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I change my default sound device in Windows settings, spotify au...
  • 6_36ywlnb-42m
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Make playlist private/public option disappeared

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceAlienware LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I updated my Spotify, the option to make playlists public or private completely disappeared from the options menu. I've tried reinstalling Spotify 3 times ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Alienware Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I updated my Spotify, the option to make playlists public or private c...
  • Edwin71
  • Music Fan
  • 21 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 8 likes

Re: The New Desktop App

Heya!I understand this is the desktop section, but I'm having issues syncing played musices/playlists between instances (so kinda involving desktop issues as well).I mean, if I start playing a playlist on the phone app, when I get to my desktop it si...

• Heya! I understand this is the desktop section, but I'm having issues syncing played musices/playlists between instances (so kinda involving desktop issues as well). I mean, if I start playing a pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't connect to desktop version

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceLenovo Ideapad 510Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I open the application from the phone, I cannot connect to my desktop version, but there is no problem in the browser version. I uninstalled and reins...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Lenovo Ideapad 510 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I open the application from the phone, I cannot connect to my desktop vers...
  • OscarDC
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Songs are not being added to playlists

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueThis is a new issue for me this past week.When I select songs in one of my playlists, and right click and add them to another of my playlists, a pop up appears at the bottom sa...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue This is a new issue for me this past week. When I select songs in one of my playlists, and right ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify skips to different songs and plays ads after literally every song

PlanFreeCountryUnited States of AmericaDeviceMSI LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueIn the last few days, my Spotify has been doing something weird. It keeps skipping to different tracks after the one I play. Recently, I opened it up...

• Plan Free Country United States of America Device MSI Laptop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue In the last few days, my Spotify has been doing something weird. It keeps skippi...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] [Podcast] Queue Always in Alphabetical Order Despite Being Sorted in Other Orders

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceLenovo ThinkpadOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've been listening to podcasts and recently the Queue has always been sorted alphabetically despite my usual sort/filter for Oldest to Newest (so I can liste...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Lenovo Thinkpad Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've been listening to podcasts and recently the Queue has always been sorted alph...
  • yachnasaxena24
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows 10 Application
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution What is the proper/expected way to play podcasts so that they are played oldest to newest order?

DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen listening to a podcast with many episodes, the Windows Spotify app plays them in the order of top to bottom, not oldest to newest. So the only way to listen to a podcast is to sort the e...

• Regular
  • Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When listening to a podcast with many episodes, the Windows Spotify app plays them in the order of top to bottom, not old...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spontaneous change in playback speed

Spotify suddenly slows down the playback speed of the next song in queue. I can revert the playback speed by clicking on the next/previous button then switching back to the slowed down song. Current Spotify version is 1.1.43.700.g20acee0f. PlanPremiu...

xsire_0-1601408231192.png
  • Visitor
  • Spotify suddenly slows down the playback speed of the next song in queue. I can revert the playback speed by clicking on the next/previous button then switching back to the slowed down song. Current ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problem with revinding in My epysodes

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceDell InspironOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello.I have a following issue. Revindin...

• Roadie
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device Dell Inspiron Operating System Wind...
  • Noguri
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [PC-App] Musik hängt, kein Ton

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DevicePC AppOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMoin.Wenn ich in der Desktop-App Musik an mache dann habe ich nicht selten das Problem, dass er zwar die Sekunden des Liedes runterzählt, ich aber nichts höre. Irgen...

• Plan Premium Country Germany   Device PC App Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Moin. Wenn ich in der Desktop-App Musik an mache dann habe ich nicht selten das P...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Lyrics Flagging

PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDevice(iPhone 11, PC)Operating System(iOS 15, Windows 10) My Question or IssueHi, ive seen many topics around lyrics flagging and i wondered that myself, but today I found out that the feature is on my iPhone app which is gr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device (iPhone 11, PC) Operating System (iOS 15, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Hi, ive seen many topics around lyrics flagging and i wondered that my...
  • elfman
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution friend activity doesnt work.

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuei cant see friend activity, but my settings for it are enabled. i also tried reinstalling spotify but it didnt help. my facebook is also connected.

• Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue i cant see friend activity, but my settings for it are enabled. i also tried reinstal...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Strange issue with playing podcasts

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceDell InspironOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have noticed one strange issue. I have...

• Roadie
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device Dell Inspiron Operating System Wind...
  • Eni
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Couldn't update, now I can't reinstall

Hey, In the last couple of weeks Spotify kept failing at updating. Everytime I started it, it gave it a try, failed and gave an error (it started normally though afterwards). So now I tried to reinstall to see if it solves the problem, but now it won...

• Regular
  • Hey,   In the last couple of weeks Spotify kept failing at updating. Everytime I started it, it gave it a try, failed and gave an error (it started normally though afterwards). So now I tried ...
  • CMo1171
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant download or remove traces of Spotify

I wanted to update spotify then it shot itselfI cant Reinstall it nor via Microsoft storeI found Left over files that i think that it might cause issues but i cannot remove itI also Cannot relocate files i am stuck with no optionsI can go on the webr...

• I wanted to update spotify then it shot itself I cant Reinstall it nor via Microsoft store I found Left over files that i think that it might cause issues but i cannot remove it I also Cannot relo...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unwanted auto pause of music

PlanDuoCountryThe NetherlandsDevice Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI updated my spotify on desktop earlier tonight, and ever since I cannot play a song through. It keeps on auto pausing the song approximately 30 seconds in, every time...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Duo Country The Netherlands Device   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I updated my spotify on desktop earlier tonight, and ever since I cannot play a song t...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes